England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 v Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 UEFA EURO 2020 Group D kick off 2000 ITV 1/ STV / ITV Hub / STV Player

Yes off Mason Mount. We also hit the post.
..so that's all we could muster up against the 3rd lowest rank team in the tournament. Shameful. Pickford made a hell of a save. Was lethargic, couldn't give a toss performance tonight. Even Mings in the interview couldn't be arsed to talk. No leaders.

Mount appears to be getting pelters but looked the most likely to me. It didn't help that Rice and Phillips were constantly 10 yards behind when he had the ball.
Rice and Phillips played too deep, I'd have taken Phillips off for Grealish and moved Foden centrally
..so that's all we could muster up against the 3rd lowest rank team in the tournament. Shameful. Pickford made a hell of a save. Was lethargic, couldn't give a toss performance tonight. Even Mings in the interview couldn't be arsed to talk. No leaders.
We were poor no two ways about it. We weren't out played though. That simply never happened

Really? He scored remind me what else he did other than lose the ball every time he got it, the lad is shot to to shit he’s had a bang average season at city yet he seems to a guaranteed starter 🤔 I don’t get it Grealish & Foden all day go me
Got in behind a number of times tonight. Including the cross and Megs that Mount should have buried first half. Should have had a penalty aswell

Rice and Phillips played too deep, I'd have taken Phillips off for Grealish and moved Foden centrally

We were poor no two ways about it. We weren't out played though. That simply never happened
..going round in circles. My opinion we were, particullarly in midfield. Out ran us.

Really? He scored remind me what else he did other than lose the ball every time he got it, the lad is shot to to shit he’s had a bang average season at city yet he seems to a guaranteed starter 🤔 I don’t get it Grealish & Foden all day go me

Me too, or use Sancho, and with the more athletic/dynamic DCL up top. I'm not down on Kane in the longer term mind, he just looks burned out. Fuck the "Yorkshire Pirlo" and his sidekick for now, get Bellingham in anarl.

Back in my hotel. Southgate is an idiot. Full backs were dreadful, but I think that was down to instructions. Kane is not fit and was terrible again. Sterling was dreadful too. Taking Foden off was rank stupidity. Slow predictable shite. They also rarely seem to want to cross the ball. What does he tell them. Dire. Fair play to the Jocks. Poor team who worked their socks off.

I've backed Southgate but it's hard when he plays into every detractors points about poor tactics.

Literally played with 6 defenders tonight, line way too far back, made us look shit scared of a team about 60 places behind us in the rankings.

Couldn't adapt eitherz taking Foden off was poor when Kane, Mount, Sterling, Rice where either anonymous or having a shocker.

At least Sterling was being a handful but he couldn't control the ball or fumbled all over when he did. He should have had a penalty mind, what's the point in VAR when Weve seen at least two definite penalties ignore and one that shouldn't have been in the last few days???

Anyway, tough choices for Southgate, the back 6 doesn't work, we'd be destroyed of better teams, does he replace Rice for Henderson or Bellingham?

Kane is looking as bad as I've ever seen him, replace or hope he comes good. Of course Kane is amazing in his best day but terrible two matches for him.

Grealish? How do you get him in, who makes way?

Rashford can't have any chances.either, just walked about doing nothing two matches ina. Row and looks shot of confidence.

Well done for this evening, you did well.
I’ll take it that’s not condescending as that not your style but aye, if we had won I dont think many could complain.
England weren’t as bad as people are making out.
Scotland played out of their skin.

did we fuck

we should have won with the chances we had.
You were hanging in fior the draw ffs

Last edited:

Back