Maguire
??? (Shaw and Chilwell both injured)

Rice
TAA

Saka
Bellingham
Foden

Kane

I've avidly defended Southgate against a lot of (what I think is) unfair criticism but the time is now really. Still have question marks over the defence in fairness but France are still the only side to fear and we weren't a million miles off them in Qatar with a lesser team.

Interesting

That's from Linkedin so you can guarantee Speakman has already read it.

France are still strong!
Greizman always turns up in big tournaments and hes having a quaility season on 20 goals. They have two of the best centre halfs in the league in Konate at Lpool and Saliba at Arsenal. Pavard is a brilliant defender aswell. They have Camavinga and Tchouameni both having brilliant seasons at Real Madrid, also got Zaire-Emery whose a unbelievable talent at PSG and not forgetting arguably the best player in the world in Mbapee
I think we are in the same side of the draw as them as well.

For the first time in years the team more or less picks itself:

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Maguire

Rice
TAA

Saka
Bellingham
Foden

Kane

I've avidly defended Southgate against a lot of (what I think is) unfair criticism but the time is now really. Still have question marks over the defence in fairness but France are still the only side to fear and we weren't a million miles off them in Qatar with a lesser team.
Maguire should be nowhere near the team
That's from Linkedin so you can guarantee Speakman has already read it.
High performance

A major tournament since 1966, in my humble opinion.

Anything except a win this summer will be an underachievement.

Kane - second best striker in the world, with number one playing for a crap team, not a rival.

Bellingham & Foden - the top two midfielders in the world.

Walker - best right back in the world and antidote to Mbappe, the biggest threat.

Stones - One of the most successful centre backs who are currently in their prime.

Grealish - current professional footballer.

Pickford - one of the top tournament keepers.

Saka, Palmer, Rice etc - all top talents.

Safe to say you lot should be heavy favourites going into the tournament. Even Beale could manage this team to the semis.

Need to peddle Southgate to have a chance

Maguire should be nowhere near the team

High performance
Disagree, he's always performed well for England, there is a complete lack of options at CB and the criticism was always that he was either underperforming or not selected for Man United but is now playing regularly and fairly well. There's no reason not to pick him.

Disagree, he's always performed well for England, there is a complete lack of options at CB and the criticism was always that he was either underperforming or not selected for Man United but is now playing regularly and fairly well. There's no reason not to pick him.
Joe Gomez & Fikayo Tomori should be ahead of him.

Tomori has been a mainstay in the Milan defence since he joined in 2021 - weird that Southgate hasn’t given him more of a shot.

Maguire has been involved in 235 games for United with only 60 clean sheets and nearly 300 goals against.

Now I know it’s not entirely all his fault but for a supposed elite level CB - he should have more of an impact.

Just my opinion for what it’s worth

France are still strong!
Greizman always turns up in big tournaments and hes having a quaility season on 20 goals. They have two of the best centre halfs in the league in Konate at Lpool and Saliba at Arsenal. Pavard is a brilliant defender aswell. They have Camavinga and Tchouameni both having brilliant seasons at Real Madrid, also got Zaire-Emery whose a unbelievable talent at PSG and not forgetting arguably the best player in the world in Mbapee
Pavard is shit 😂

Build up we will be confident, get in the group games and squeak thru, then it’ll be laborious safe shit that Southgate plays rather than going out to win every game convincingly. Couple of fuck ups, couple of players crying, then back for the new season to begin.
New England manager, old guard is put out to pasture then it’s build for the next championship where we rinse and repeat the hopes of winning

For the first time in years the team more or less picks itself:

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Maguire

Rice
TAA

Saka
Bellingham
Foden

Kane

Wouldn't have Maguire mind, he looks really slow and awkward at times, he runs like a right twat n'all

Back