England’s best chance to win

I think people underrate France massively

Saw Shearer on bbc earlier saying “Foden must start central”. But how? Bellingham plays centrally for Madrid and is killing it. What do you do? Drop Bellingham back to level with Rice and lose all that is making his season so good?

We have some smashing players but it’s not that easy.

Forgot that. Is that the OP?
Bellingham is basically playing upfront for Madrid mate. They play a diamond midfield with split strikers and that gvies him loads of space to run into. Basically playing a false 9 position. Id play Bellingham behind Kane with Foden and Saka either side

Bellingham is basically playing upfront for Madrid mate. They play a diamond midfield with split strikers and that gvies him loads of space to run into. Basically playing a false 9 position. Id play Bellingham behind Kane with Foden and Saka either side
Henderson holding midfield alongside Kalvin Phillips

England favourites and have never been as short odds as this. There's only France close. Whether we win it or not will just come down to luck, whether we get the rub of the green in the big moments, not least with penalties. We'll prob have to win a shootout at some point if going to win tournament.

Who in CM?

I’m inclined to agree with you but that’s totally against shearer was so sure about. He wanted Foden central but didn’t seem to give any thought to what the knock on would be

Last one was the chance at home.

This one we won’t win
Regardless - we should have won that. Let’s be honest we’ve never won anything away from home.

I agree with you, Southgate will play some shit players in a negative setup and as usual we’ll bottle it at the quarters or semis
England favourites and have never been as short odds as this. There's only France close. Whether we win it or not will just come down to luck, whether we get the rub of the green in the big moments, not least with penalties. We'll prob have to win a shootout at some point if going to win tournament.
Course it won’t come down to luck, can’t stand when people spout this guff.

If they set themselves up properly, have a tactical plan, then it’s not luck but preparation and execution.

At elite level sport it’s never, ever luck

Last edited:
A major tournament since 1966, in my humble opinion.

Anything except a win this summer will be an underachievement.

Kane - second best striker in the world, with number one playing for a crap team, not a rival.

Bellingham & Foden - the top two midfielders in the world.

Walker - best right back in the world and antidote to Mbappe, the biggest threat.

Stones - One of the most successful centre backs who are currently in their prime.

Grealish - current professional footballer.

Pickford - one of the top tournament keepers.

Saka, Palmer, Rice etc - all top talents.

Safe to say you lot should be heavy favourites going into the tournament. Even Beale could manage this team to the semis.
"You lot." :lol: ;) :lol: :oops:
You lot :lol:

Our non-Brazilian Brazil supporting poster.
Beaten to it. :lol:

Last edited:
Regardless - we should have won that. Let’s be honest we’ve never won anything away from home.

I agree with you, Southgate will play some shit players in a negative setup and as usual we’ll bottle it at the quarters or semis

If they set themselves up properly, have a tactical plan, then it’s not luck but preparation and execution.

I don’t know like. Lucky we had a blind linesman and no VAR in 1966
Unlucky we had a blind ref and linesman and no VAR in 1986

egardless - we should have won that. Let’s be honest we’ve never won anything away from home.

Very much agree. 1-0 up in a final in home turf. That’s as good a chance as we’ll get

I think in 10 years time, 2020/21 will be the closest we got, not 2024

Actually, elite sport comes down to luck even more than non-elite sport. It's called the paradox of skill, look it up!

Actually, elite sport comes down to luck even more than non-elite sport. It's called the paradox of skill, look it up!
Interesting

I feel as though we're lacking something up front. Kane's class, but we need a player to either complement him to give us another way of playing and a replacement if he's flagging or injured.

Who fills the gap? Perhaps we have a few decent players coming through? Hope so anyhow.

Back