Engerlund vs Sri Lankaaaarrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

change of tempo since morgan came in. hope these two can stay together to 35 overs then kick-on -- maybe take a batting bowerplay at 35 overs rather than waiting to the end?

What is that thing around Trott's neck? It looks f***ing awful.
Some sort of ice pack. They reckon its sweltering out there.

TBF to England they have paced this well after the loss of the first two wickets and as has been pointed out its not normally a high scoring pitch in this world cup.

should be thinking about the power play now. hope we dont do what we have done all tournament. wait too late and have no batsmen to use it. get it took while we have trott and morgan at the crease. could add real impetus to the innings.

should be thinking about the power play now. hope we dont do what we have done all tournament. wait too late and have no batsmen to use it. get it took while we have trott and morgan at the crease. could add real impetus to the innings.

Batting teams mostly seem to take the power play too late imo.
There must be a reason why they leave it so late but for the life of me I can't see it.

We'll probably wait until the likes of Wright and Bresnan are in and then take the power-play. Wait until the set batsmen get out and then take it with the new guys at the crease; that's the way we seem to do it. :cry:

This is tedious as fuck. A full toss and some rank short, wide balls from Malinga and Trott blocks one and lets the other go. Fuck sake man.

These two HAVE to make big scores now because it's far too much pressure for the others to start scoring at 7/8 an over.
IMHO England are pacing their innings right. after losing two wickets we needed to build and remember that there were dozens of overs left. A few swings and all of a sudden we could have been 5 down for 70 or so.

Also its a low scoring wicket.

IMHO England are pacing their innings right. after losing two wickets we needed to build and remember that there were dozens of overs left. A few swings and all of a sudden we could have been 5 down for 70 or so.

Also its a low scoring wicket.
We've seen in this tournament though it's a lot harder to score towards the end of an innings; especially when teams start to lose wickets.

As long as Trott makes a big score I've got no problem with it. It's people like Bopara who spend ages at the crease and then get out with a strike rate of 60 that really irks me. Bopara getting out when he did has ended up working out nicely for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back