Engerlund vs Sri Lankaaaarrrr

Status
Not open for further replies.

selfish one dimensional batsman. Its not a fuckin Test match play some shots FFS!!

Bell again chipped it to midwicket after scoring slowly. No width for strauss and again didn't have a clue, Trott has three shots, Bopara thinks by getting a slow 50 it will keep him in the team so he can pick up his england pay packet for a while. The only way we have a chance is if Morgan, Wright, Swann and Prior can score quick runs.

Typical negative timid batting

selfish one dimensional batsman. Its not a fuckin Test match play some shots FFS!!

Bell again chipped it to midwicket after scoring slowly. No width for strauss and again didn't have a clue, Trott has three shots, Bopara thinks by getting a slow 50 it will keep him in the team so he can pick up his england pay packet for a while. The only way we have a chance is if Morgan, Wright, Swann and Prior can score quick runs.

Typical negative timid batting

I think they are doing the right thing at the moment. Problem was not having a go at Dilshan and Matthews early and then still losing wickets.

Tough on Bell to say he scored slowly when he had the best strike rate of anyone so far ... still a typical mess from him in getting out though.

Need to get to 35 overs with just 3 wickets down and then have a go. Malinga and Murali would rip through the lower order in the last 10 if we lose more wickets. Still think we can get towards 235 and pressure them. Teams batting second struggle here.

I think they are doing the right thing at the moment. Problem was not having a go at Dilshan and Matthews early and then still losing wickets.

Tough on Bell to say he scored slowly when he had the best strike rate of anyone so far ... still a typical mess from him in getting out though.

Need to get to 35 overs with just 3 wickets down and then have a go. Malinga and Murali would rip through the lower order in the last 10 if we lose more wickets. Still think we can get towards 235 and pressure them. Teams batting second struggle here.

they're letting the bowlers take control and have from the off. We still have 8overs to face of malinga who will be reversing it and 10overs of murali. Not once have we put the bowlers under pressure the running has been average to say the least.

After the amount of internationals of typical crap batting by Bell I've had enough you could predict he would get out chipping it to midwicket.

13 from 35 on any pitch at ODI is not good get on with it you selfish prick

Trott seems to be running hard, looking for 2 (especially down the 3rd man region) whereas Bopara seems happy jogging through. :neutral:

they're letting the bowlers take control and have from the off. We still have 8overs to face of malinga who will be reversing it and 10overs of murali. Not once have we put the bowlers under pressure the running has been average to say the least.

After the amount of internationals of typical crap batting by Bell I've had enough you could predict he would get out chipping it to midwicket.

13 from 35 on any pitch at ODI is not good get on with it you selfish prick

I agree they are letting the bowlers take control, but when you lose two early and have a weak middle order I think you have to. The problem in not dictating was when we had 10 wickets in hand and Strauss patted back a few overs from their 4th choice spinner in the powerplay and then got out.

the pressure will build and there will be a point when they have to go for it and then lose a clatter of wickets thus being out for 160ish.

This is tedious as fuck. A full toss and some rank short, wide balls from Malinga and Trott blocks one and lets the other go. Fuck sake man.

These two HAVE to make big scores now because it's far too much pressure for the others to start scoring at 7/8 an over.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but it's the first time I've watched Sri Lanka all tournament, so how the hell is Malinga's bowling action legal? His arm is practically at right angles to his body.

Bopara is a nothing player, 31 from 56, Trott is the anchor man, shame it wasn't KP coming in at 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back