Engagement ring

• Thread starter Deleted member 55680
  • Start date

I didn't give mine a ring. Asked her to marry me then went to the jeweller I use and she designed and sized it. That way she chose the diamonds and style.

I didn't give mine a ring. Asked her to marry me then went to the jeweller I use and she designed and sized it. That way she chose the diamonds and style.

Mine gave me pics of they style she wanted, but ultimately didn't want to pick the actual ring herself as then it wouldn't have been from me & therefore not meant as much. Even though I just showed the pic to the jeweller & ask have you got owt like this within budget of ÂŁx

Mine gave me pics of they style she wanted, but ultimately didn't want to pick the actual ring herself as then it wouldn't have been from me & therefore not meant as much. Even though I just showed the pic to the jeweller & ask have you got owt like this within budget of ÂŁx
Thought it was a good idea as she liked bits from some of the designers so she ended up with nice diamonds and design features from 3 different diamond houses.

I chose the ring myself. Had a perfect plan, got a ring that she wore on her right hand and took that in for size. Flawless plan, until it turns out she’s right handed and has a bigger finger on her right than her left.

I might be marrying Jeremy Beadle.

It was fairly obvious I was going to propose soon as we’d talked about it. So I just suggested we have a day out, go and look at some ideas of stuff she likes, and get her ring finger measured.

But if you've agreed to get married then you're engaged by definition
Don’t see it that way at all…we talked about getting married, went ahead and arranged it ( abroad and no guests) neither me nor my wife ever considered ourselves to be engaged.
Neither of us would have referred to or thought of us as being engaged.

How do I go about asking my girlfriend for her engagement ring finger size without It spoiling the surprise? I'm out of ideas to be honest want to buy a ring but don't know the size
I tried to figure it out while she was asleep then estimated the size and bought a ring.

I made sure the jewellers were happy to exchange it for the correct size if my estimate was incorrect (which it was).

We had to wait a couple of weeks for the new ring but it wasn't a big deal.

Failing that you could get her to put her ring finger up your hoop and remember how it feels then get a selection of friends and family to replicate this until you get the same feeling.

Back