Engagement ring

• Thread starter Deleted member 55680
  • Start date
It says at some point in the definition that a marriage doesn’t have to happen.

I am not understanding how you got to the conclusion to get married if you’d didn’t discuss and agree to get married at some point.

Mine wasn’t romantic or secretive but we still said, shall we get married, aye.

Your way worked for you, others works for them. It’s only a word used to define a situation, it’s not life or death, embrace it.
Nobody who knew us ever referred to us as being engaged, in fact they referred to us as not getting engaged.
Of course there was a discussion, a brief should we tag it onto the holiday. That's as far from a proposal you can get in my eyes.

I've not said it doesn't work for them, in fact my post above says the the exact opposite. It's a word used to define a situation, but not my situation.

So there's nothing to embrace

Nobody who knew us ever referred to us as being engaged, in fact they referred to us as not getting engaged.
Of course there was a discussion, a brief should we tag it onto the holiday. That's as far from a proposal you can get in my eyes.

I've not said it doesn't work for them, in fact my post above says the the exact opposite. It's a word used to define a situation, but not my situation.

So there's nothing to embrace
No idea why you’re protesting to be honest.

But isn't that what being engaged is?
Exactly.
These people who agree to get engaged at a point in future - no, that means you're already engaged.

Buying a ring together? You're already engaged.
Booking the London Eye (and both people knowing so) solely to get engaged - You're already engaged.
etc

Casually ask her her ring size then, when she's excited, get the shittest friendship ring you can find and tell her it's for being a really great mate. Secretly get an engagement ring, and book a holiday in Disneyland. When she inevitably dumps you before you can propose, you'll still get a kick arse holiday out of it.

Few years back - I gave my mother in law £50 to buy my fiance a ring as a christmas present. So she was none the wiser as she thought her mam was just buying her a ring for Christmas. They went to get her finger measured late October/early November. I then sorted her engagement ring and proposed to her Christmas eve
What was the attendance at the engagement party and wedding?

Back