Eng v Pakistan ODI Series

What’s going on with Wood? Hasn’t played for Durham and isn’t playing today. Crocked again?
I think (and there will be more enlightened posters than me who can confirm) England wanted him to play for Durham to prove his fitness, and Durham's last 50 over game was washed out on Monday - hence he's been unable to prove his fitness.

Archer looking good

Just taking it as it comes though, small steps

As a red ball enthusiast I’m excited by test match possibilities although he wasn’t amazing against Durham

Archer looking good

Just taking it as it comes though, small steps

As a red ball enthusiast I’m excited by test match possibilities although he wasn’t amazing against Durham
Has to be in the Ashes squad IMO (as long as he doesn't totally feck up in the WC). Gives us an option of genuine pace - can obviously move the ball, too

Also can't see him being overawed by the occasion or got to by the Aussies sledging.

Has to be in the Ashes squad IMO (as long as he doesn't totally feck up in the WC). Gives us an option of genuine pace - can obviously move the ball, too

Also can't see him being overawed by the occasion or got to by the Aussies sledging.

For first test?

He won't have played any red ball cricket though. I don't think he would be overawed at all, its just maybe needs a game or 2 too adjust

See how Wood comes up injury wise, he was unreal in that last test

Some decent options though

Woakes n Curran too, not sure what happens with them!

Some great options though, excited.

For first test?

He won't have played any red ball cricket though. I don't think he would be overawed at all, its just maybe needs a game or 2 too adjust

Definitely play him against Ireland, see how he feels in the Test arena. Not saying I'd start him at Edgbaston, but definitely want him around the squad!

We've definitely got a few options though, which are gonna be very handy.

Disappointing being rained off but enjoyed listening to Athers, Strauss and Nasser. Nice look back at 92 World Cup as well. What an opportunity that was. Bucknor was taking the piss out of Pringle with those lbw’s.

Definitely play him against Ireland, see how he feels in the Test arena. Not saying I'd start him at Edgbaston, but definitely want him around the squad!

We've definitely got a few options though, which are gonna be very handy.

Yeah agree with that probs, its still a big jump 5 days in the field possibly on a flat pitch against Smith or whatever, not saying he doesn't have the quality mind, but don't wanna rush him

We have 2 problems in the team, top order runs and taking wickets on flat pitches abroad, a fit Wood and Archer would solve half of that I'd say, along witj a quality spinner in Leach

Just find 2 top order batsman man! So frustrating as we close to being world class

Hopefully today wasn’t a preview of the World Cup.

Also got a feeling some semi-final places may be determined by rained out shared spoils.

Agreed, unlikely will get a summer like last year.

Why does it have to rain so much here, it puts a lot of people off cricket

Forgot how depressing rained off cricket matches are. I know they're unreliable but I daren't look at the long range forecasts for June...

For first test?

People said the same about Buttler and red ball cricket and look how that turned out.

People said the same about Buttler and red ball cricket and look how that turned out.

Yeah I didn't really mean it like that mate

He will play test cricket and I have no doubt will do it well

Just meant going from 18 months non stop of ODI and T20 cricket, maybe let him have a few games first before a call up

Who is everyone leaving out for the final 15 for Archer then

Its between Denly, Curran and Willey for me. Denly gets in as covers 3 positions

Probably leave Curran out as just can't see where he plays, behind Wood, Archer and Woakes.

Willey is just a completely different option who can swing the new ball.

Last edited:
Yeah I didn't really mean it like that mate

He will play test cricket and I have no doubt will do it well

Just meant going from 18 months non stop of ODI and T20 cricket, maybe let him have a few games first before a call up

Who is everyone leaving out for the final 15 for Archer then

Its between Denly, Curran and Willey for me. Denly gets in as covers 3 positions

Probably leave Curran out as just can't see where he plays, behind Wood, Archer and Woakes.

Willey is just a completely different option who can swing the new ball.

Denly for me. Would have Dawson on standby ahead of him too.

Back