Energy suppliers going bust

Anyone with Utility Point been approached by a new supplier yet ?

nope. I was just about to post the same question. Cheeky tw@ts took £160 off me the day they went bust and I tried to log on to see how much credit I have as soon as news broke and website was down. They’ve clearly known it was happening and taken people money despite me being about £500 in credit. Nothing short of theft really.

Look at suppliers website directly use your usage from the last 12 months not your direct debit amount but do it in the next few days
I was searching out of curiosity however I have had an email from British Gas to say my price will be going up next week. I'm thinking of looking around anyway though just to see what’s out there so that could be a good shout

nope. I was just about to post the same question. Cheeky tw@ts took £160 off me the day they went bust and I tried to log on to see how much credit I have as soon as news broke and website was down. They’ve clearly known it was happening and taken people money despite me being about £500 in credit. Nothing short of theft really.

Yes I’m in a similar boat. Got £450 credit sitting with them and only been with them just over a month !

A quick question for all those affected by their supplier going bust, have you took meter readings in the last day or two? A photo on your phone even better.
Only when told to - see this rubbish by British Gas

What happens next
Over the next two weeks, we’ll be transferring your details over to British Gas and setting up your new account.

When it’s ready, we’ll send your Contract Pack with your new customer reference number to get you fully up-and-running. It will also include details about your tariff and the rates of what you’ll pay for your energy.

Once you’ve received this, you’ll be able to access your British Gas account online, through our mobile app or by contacting our friendly customer service team.

You’ll also be able to submit your meter readings, update your details and view all of our other tariffs available for you to switch to.

If you previously paid by Direct Debit, we’ll let you know when you can set this up with us.

If you have an outstanding credit with PFP Energy this will be transferred onto your new British Gas account – in our experience this can take a while, but we’ll keep you updated along the way.
What you'll need to do
PFP Energy have requested that you submit a meter reading on their website - this will make sure that your bills with us aren’t based on estimated readings.
We’re setting you up on our Price Promise Apr 2022 tariff
We’ve created a new tariff for our PFP Energy customers - and its currently cheaper than any other tariffs on price comparison websites. We’ve competitively priced it in line with the Ofgem energy price cap and it doesn’t have an exit fee.

Your price compared with your PFP Energy energy tariff may go up, but because it already covers the industry price cap, you don’t need to worry about your tariff changing prices again until next year.

We really hope you choose to stay with us - but if you’re thinking about switching away from British Gas it’s recommended you wait until your account is fully set up so any credit you are owed from PFP Energy can get to you quicker.

well they are NOT cheaper than any other tariff, and the stupid knackers want to increase my payments from (sit down) £103 per month to £273 per month because they over estimated my usage.

② Your Personal Projection

What you’re likely to pay over the next 12 months

This is an estimate.
We’ve worked it out using the unit rate for where you live, the daily standing charge, any discounts, and how much energy we think you’ll use in the next 12 months. It includes VAT.

Electricity

£2505.37
Based on using
11,920kWh​

Gas

£777.94
Based on using
17,259kWh​

Scottish Power are by far the worst company I have ever had to deal with. A massive rip off.
Made sure I was squared up with them before we moved out of our old place. Got a bill for hundreds from them months later. Told them I wanted to see it when the usage on the bill had been and heard nowt back.

Had nowt but bother with them and Npower at our old place. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned not being able to change supplier if they're nationalised and you're not happy with them. Most problems we had were them two blaming each other.

We're with Octopus. Any idea if they may go bust any time soon?

Should be ok.

Only when told to - see this rubbish by British Gas

What happens next
Over the next two weeks, we’ll be transferring your details over to British Gas and setting up your new account.

When it’s ready, we’ll send your Contract Pack with your new customer reference number to get you fully up-and-running. It will also include details about your tariff and the rates of what you’ll pay for your energy.

Once you’ve received this, you’ll be able to access your British Gas account online, through our mobile app or by contacting our friendly customer service team.

You’ll also be able to submit your meter readings, update your details and view all of our other tariffs available for you to switch to.

If you previously paid by Direct Debit, we’ll let you know when you can set this up with us.

If you have an outstanding credit with PFP Energy this will be transferred onto your new British Gas account – in our experience this can take a while, but we’ll keep you updated along the way.
What you'll need to do
PFP Energy have requested that you submit a meter reading on their website - this will make sure that your bills with us aren’t based on estimated readings.
We’re setting you up on our Price Promise Apr 2022 tariff
We’ve created a new tariff for our PFP Energy customers - and its currently cheaper than any other tariffs on price comparison websites. We’ve competitively priced it in line with the Ofgem energy price cap and it doesn’t have an exit fee.

Your price compared with your PFP Energy energy tariff may go up, but because it already covers the industry price cap, you don’t need to worry about your tariff changing prices again until next year.

We really hope you choose to stay with us - but if you’re thinking about switching away from British Gas it’s recommended you wait until your account is fully set up so any credit you are owed from PFP Energy can get to you quicker.

well they are NOT cheaper than any other tariff, and the stupid knackers want to increase my payments from (sit down) £103 per month to £273 per month because they over estimated my usage.

② Your Personal Projection

What you’re likely to pay over the next 12 months

This is an estimate.
We’ve worked it out using the unit rate for where you live, the daily standing charge, any discounts, and how much energy we think you’ll use in the next 12 months. It includes VAT.

Electricity

£2505.37
Based on using
11,920kWh​

Gas

£777.94
Based on using
17,259kWh​

Current Ofgem annual averages for domestic electricity consumption

Low (flat, bungalow) 1,800 kwh p/a

Medium (2-3 bedroom house) 2,900 kwh p/a

High (4 bedrooms +) 4,300 kwh p/a

11,000 kwh p/a + is a piss take if thats their estimated usage based on no evidence.

Back