Energy Prices - are they taking the piss???

It certainly does focus your mind, with energy prices the way they are its a no brainer. There is a shortage of invertors and batteries now, I believe up to 12 months for powerwall, TESLA and Sonnen didn’t even respond when I enquired.

i think when the time comes that i need to replace my batteries i'll just be looking at something like pylontech or lifepower server rack batteries

Powerwalls etc look super but i see the prices of them and think its like the old Apple premium all over again

EON have sent a renewal through and offered a fixed year deal for £140 a month, or a variable one that they estimate to be about £108 a month, am I right in thinking the fixed one is the way to go?

OVO are trying to take the piss, they want to put my DD up from £60 to £114, I’ve rang them to discuss it, I’m in credit with them at the minute and that £400 is due to land at some point.

That’s of no interest to OVO it would seem, I was told that ‘when the price rise in October hits that £400 won’t make much difference.’

I’ve cancelled the DD, I’ll put the money away monthly and see how we work out quarterly, bastards aren’t holding me to ransom.

OVO are trying to take the piss, they want to put my DD up from £60 to £114, I’ve rang them to discuss it, I’m in credit with them at the minute and that £400 is due to land at some point.

That’s of no interest to OVO it would seem, I was told that ‘when the price rise in October hits that £400 won’t make much difference.’

I’ve cancelled the DD, I’ll put the money away monthly and see how we work out quarterly, bastards aren’t holding me to ransom.
£400 credit plus the £400 government grant will make a massive difference. Outfox the Market have tried similar with me but their excuse was my energy use will go up heavily in the next 3 months :)

Is your £60 a month a fixed rate which is coming to an end?
That might explain the increase.

Is your £60 a month a fixed rate which is coming to an end?
That might explain the increase.

It was aye, it still should’ve only got to about £80 though (with the £400 factored in) and they wouldn’t budge, I don’t understand their logic but they’ll get the money as and when now and at least if they go under I’m not waiting for any money back.

I did nearly 10 years in that industry so I was prepared to be reasonable but they weren’t in the mood for a discussion it would seem.

Last edited:
Got a 59 quid a month fixed ending September, not looking forward to the increase. Paid the car off a year early so that'll absorb it but I was hoping to save the extra cash

It was aye, it still should’ve only got to about £80 though (with the £400 factored in) and they wouldn’t budge, I don’t understand their logic but they’ll get the money as and when now and at least if they go under I’m not waiting for any money back.

I did nearly 10 years in that industry so I was prepared to be reasonable but they weren’t in the mood for a discussion it would seem.
Your new price cap rate will be about 80% higher than your fixed rate..
That would increase it to ,£1296 a year minus your £400 credit I'd say your payments should be £75 a month.
Don't think they'll take the £400 which we're all getting into account until October.

Looks as if they're pulling the piss.

Edit: I misread you didn't say how much credit you had.

Last edited:
Your new price cap rate will be about 80% higher than your fixed rate..
That would increase it to ,£1296 a year minus your £400 credit I'd say your payments should be £75 a month.
Don't think they'll take the £400 which we're all getting into account until October.

Looks as if they're pulling the piss.

Edit: I misread you didn't say how much credit you had.

There’s a couple of hundred quid sat there, which according to the app I can only have £18 of, they are royally taking the piss.

I would’ve accepted about that if they’d been prepared to have a conversation, their funeral if they are doing that to customers in bulk.
I always made sure I was about £50 in debit and adjusted monthly payments to account for this.
Now that options been taken away, We'll be roughly £300 in credit by the end of September.

I know exactly what they cost, seeing as they live with me 3 days a week, and it’s a long way short of 800 a month I can tell you .

I’m not on my own though am I? I have two teenagers who leave every light and appliance on and demand the house to be of reasonable temperature. Oh and don’t forget the school clothes that they give you to wash and dry the night before so that the dryer has to be on for about 4 hours.

But apart from that, it’s not really 400. 120 of that is car charging (until I get onto a cheap off peak tariff) and the other 280 is artificially high as I’ve been paying the same amount since before it went up, so I’m 350 in debit.

But if you want to compare usage, I’m doing about 400 units of leccy a month, another 400 car charging and about 1800 gas on average.

I'm nee expert but sounds like you may want your maintenance payment to your ex re-assessed if you've got the bairns 3 days a week.

Taking piss and put prices up standing charges 60 pence will be a quid in October for lending a meter off the **** I get charged more for standing charges than I do energy it’s buklshit people can turn gas meter back to front or rig leccy 10mm earth wire bypass do not let them bastards win

I'm nee expert but sounds like you may want your maintenance payment to your ex re-assessed if you've got the bairns 3 days a week.
Nah, everyone gets this wrong. You can check on the Gov website. 3 nights or more (even 7 nights) and it’s the same payment, which is still more than I actually pay.

Back