End of Sir Geoffrey on TMS?

A lot of people don’t like him because they perceive him to be a moaning fucker.

Truth is, he just calls it as it is. He’s a massive supporter of cricket in general, where he says good play he’ll call it. Where he says bad play, same, he’ll call it.

He also absolutely adores England and so if they aren’t winning he is brutally honest as to what’s going wrong.

I could listen to him talk about technique all day, every day, his knowledge of the game is absolutely first class
He's aware of his reputation and plays up to it. His criticism and "my mother would have caught that in her pinny" is very much part of the parody that he fulfils. That said, his views on the game still stand the test of time and you cannot disagree when he tells the England team to bat time, see off the new ball etc...then they go out swinging and get dismissed for 62!

I'm not going to get into your comparisons with female pundits as I think we've been there and done that, but Sir Geoffrey is, in my opinion still a very valued member of TMS
Beautifully put

He’s a dull, unpleasant man. Won’t be missed by me. They should get that NZ commentator from the World Cup coverage. He was excellent.

That's a shame. While he's still critical and scathing of bad batting and bad cricket like a broken record, that familiarity no longer being there is going to be strange. Plus in recent years he seems to have mellowed a lot more in terms of being able to play along to having the mick taken out of him. I can't speak for him but he seems to have more of a camaraderie with the younger TMS commentators than his old contemporaries.

Because it was relevant and YOU mentioned them. Back on ignore for you, you whopper :lol:

Wow, I’m really hurt..... I’m not sure how I’ll ever recover from this :(

I didn’t mention THEM, I brought up the BBC’s positive discrimination agenda.

That’s a very broad-church which incorporates more than one specific group.

I suspect you don’t care to discuss the others though.

Bit of an attack on Sir Geoffrey here. What are people's thoughts?

Meh. Little bit of an attack in places, also some very good points made in others.

Personally I don't particularly like the man, but always enjoyed listening to him. Also felt he took wind ups, in particular the excellent one that Aggers did on him, brilliantly. But probably the right time to let him go.

Meh. Little bit of an attack in places, also some very good points made in others.

Personally I don't particularly like the man, but always enjoyed listening to him. Also felt he took wind ups, in particular the excellent one that Aggers did on him, brilliantly. But probably the right time to let him go.
Sums up my thoughts perfectly

Back