End of IFollow next season

It’s not great that they haven’t announced what this is going to look like before people have bought season tickets imo. There will be loads who can’t go now if the fixtures are as messed up as it seems they will be.

Might not be a popular opinion, and certainly not a fan of loads of games being moved, but just in terms of sky v ifollow it'll be much better value now. Still think it takes the piss that ifollow were £10 a game (even more so when PL fans moaned so much during covid that their games were free to air whilst we had to keep paying).

A now tv sport subscription is normally £30 or less per month and, given that gives access to a load of content, I'm glad I'll be paying that rather than possibly £30 to see 3 games
Is now tv still limited to 1080 ?

It’s not great that they haven’t announced what this is going to look like before people have bought season tickets imo. There will be loads who can’t go now if the fixtures are as messed up as it seems they will be.

Posted the below the other night which I think will be pretty close. The clubs won't have a clue what time slots that Sky will go with yet as it is yet to be confirmed:

So 5 of the 12 Championship games will be broadcast on Sky Sports at weekends.

All midweek Championship games will be broadcast on Sky Sports.

On average, there's 12 midweek rounds per season, so you're looking at 12 guaranteed games on Sky Sports no matter what happens, plus you'd have to think we'll be shown at least 50% of the time on the weekend broadcast, and more if we are going well.

I'd guess at about 28-30 of our 46 games being broadcast on Sky Sports in some form next season, with approx 18 of them not being the traditional 3pm kick off.

Split those 18 games 50/50 between home and away and you're looking at 9 normal Saturday 3pm kick-offs being disrupted.

Account for 6 of the 12 midweek rounds being at home also and you're left with about 8 home games out of 23 next season being your traditional Saturday 3pm kick off, or 34%. If we are going well, we will be shown more than 50%, so if that happens you could very easily shave another home game or two off that total.

Again all of the above figure are just approx based on the usual 12 midweek rounds per season and an estimate of 50% of our games being chosen for the weekend broadcast, but I think it'll be pretty close when all is said and done.

Posted the below the other night which I think will be pretty close. The clubs won't have a clue what time slots that Sky will go with yet as it is yet to be confirmed:

So 5 of the 12 Championship games will be broadcast on Sky Sports at weekends.

All midweek Championship games will be broadcast on Sky Sports.

On average, there's 12 midweek rounds per season, so you're looking at 12 guaranteed games on Sky Sports no matter what happens, plus you'd have to think we'll be shown at least 50% of the time on the weekend broadcast, and more if we are going well.

I'd guess at about 28-30 of our 46 games being broadcast on Sky Sports in some form next season, with approx 18 of them not being the traditional 3pm kick off.

Split those 18 games 50/50 between home and away and you're looking at 9 normal Saturday 3pm kick-offs being disrupted.

Account for 6 of the 12 midweek rounds being at home also and you're left with about 8 home games out of 23 next season being your traditional Saturday 3pm kick off, or 34%. If we are going well, we will be shown more than 50%, so if that happens you could very easily shave another home game or two off that total.

Again all of the above figure are just approx based on the usual 12 midweek rounds per season and an estimate of 50% of our games being chosen for the weekend broadcast, but I think it'll be pretty close when all is said and done.
Bet your an accountant 😉

It’s only the actual kick off slots they haven’t announced but you can have an educated guess at them. It’s been common knowledge for a couple of months now. Not sure what more they could do? (Aside from the actual kick off slots). They’ve even said they’ll be announcing the full first half of the season kick off times before a ball is kicked.

I disagree with the idea, but don’t see how they could do any more on the comms side of things

It’s only the actual kick off slots they haven’t announced but you can have an educated guess at them. It’s been common knowledge for a couple of months now. Not sure what more they could do? (Aside from the actual kick off slots). They’ve even said they’ll be announcing the full first half of the season kick off times before a ball is kicked.

I disagree with the idea, but don’t see how they could do any more on the comms side of things
The actual kick off times are a pretty important factor in buying a ticket aren't they? Not really the fault of the club, but they could certainly have put more info out about it and surely someone has info about the kick off times or was that not factored into the contract at all?

The actual kick off times are a pretty important factor in buying a ticket aren't they? Not really the fault of the club, but they could certainly have put more info out about it and surely someone has info about the kick off times or was that not factored into the contract at all?
Yea, but as I said you can pretty much work them out. As seen above

Anyone know what the sky kick off times will be then?
Friday night
Saturday 12.30
Saturday 5.30
Sunday 12.00
Sunday 2 ??

Saturday at 12:30pm is confirmed (5 games across the EFL to be broadcast in that slot) but no one has a clue about the others yet.

Even the clubs haven't been notified yet.

Back