End of IFollow next season

MadMackem10

Midfield
Just had an email from Ifollow and from next season they will no longer provide domestic coverage of the EFL which will mean SAFSEE will likely be the same. Seems like any game not covered by the 3pm blackout should be available on Sky sports/Now

Increased notice for fans

With the substantial increase in the number of live matches, Sky Sports and the EFL will introduce a new commitment for clubs and fans which will provide longer notice periods on TV selections. The defined notice periods will enable clubs and fans to plan further in advance and this will include the placement of all live matches selected for broadcast for the period to FA Cup third round before the start of the season. Greater parity in the number of times that clubs are selected for TV coverage is also guaranteed.

Article 48 to remain

The new deal allows for 'Article 48', the blocked broadcast period between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on Saturday afternoons to remain, meaning that main broadcast fixtures will be scheduled for outside of this time. Final fixture slots will be confirmed at a later date.

Domestic Streaming

From the 2024/25 season onward, this agreement makes more matches available to stream and will effectively replace the current Sky Sports EFL red button coverage and the EFL's domestic streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services. Domestic streaming audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences via iFollow and club streaming services.

Enhanced production values and camera numbers

The EFL and Sky Sports will continue to work together to innovate, seeking opportunities to improve coverage and take viewers closer to the action, while the EFL will be investing significantly in production infrastructure to enhance the viewing experience. Sky Sports will have a minimum of eight cameras for each game broadcast on existing channels. For matches available to stream, Sky commentary will be provided and a minimum of four cameras will be used at Championship and League One matches, and a minimum of two cameras in League Two.

Wave goodbye to most the Saturday 3pm kick offs. If they go, then my season ticket goes with them.
Hardly SAFCs fault mind when it would be an EFL wide thing. The Premier League has been worse and is only going to get worse as time goes on anyway. Any kick off time other than a Friday night, Saturday 3pm or Saturday 5:15/30pm gets right on my tits to be honest, but I wouldn’t stop going because of it.

Might not be a popular opinion, and certainly not a fan of loads of games being moved, but just in terms of sky v ifollow it'll be much better value now. Still think it takes the piss that ifollow were £10 a game (even more so when PL fans moaned so much during covid that their games were free to air whilst we had to keep paying).

A now tv sport subscription is normally £30 or less per month and, given that gives access to a load of content, I'm glad I'll be paying that rather than possibly £30 to see 3 games

Hardly SAFCs fault mind when it would be an EFL wide thing. The Premier League has been worse and is only going to get worse as time goes on anyway. Any kick off time other than a Friday night, Saturday 3pm or Saturday 5:15/30pm gets right on my tits to be honest, but I wouldn’t stop going because of it.
I didn’t say it was. Saturday 3pm is the only really convenient time for me really.

Might not be a popular opinion, and certainly not a fan of loads of games being moved, but just in terms of sky v ifollow it'll be much better value now. Still think it takes the piss that ifollow were £10 a game (even more so when PL fans moaned so much during covid that their games were free to air whilst we had to keep paying).

A now tv sport subscription is normally £30 or less per month and, given that gives access to a load of content, I'm glad I'll be paying that rather than possibly £30 to see 3 games
I've never used Now TV but given these games are likely to be 3 games at midday every week, can you get red button type options on Now TV?

I've never used Now TV but given these games are likely to be 3 games at midday every week, can you get red button type options on Now TV?
Yes mate, near to kickoff you get a "bonus streams" option and can choose whichever one you want to watch. I'll be honest, it's not always easy to find it, they need to work on the layout a bit, but they're definitely there, just sometimes in a more obvious place than others

Five games a weekend ? That means we will hardly ever be on a Saturday 3pm won’t it? It’s about time they started showing games at same time as Premier League though I never understood why they don’t as PL has its own channel.

Back