Emergency Match Day 19 th December

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree johnson didn’t spread it, but once it spread to this country he and his government were responsible for managing it and keeping its citizens safe. He failed. Miserably.
So did the majority of every western government man

i hope people will remember in years to come when (hopefully) this virus is just a distant memory which country it came from.
Problem is, we can't be 100% sure - some blood test samples in Italy from last September were positive for Covid, and others in the USA in November (old samples checked etc). It's highly likely it was China, but I think we need to perhaps check samples from further back in all countries where possible.

Regardless of where this has come from the reaction from the Western Governments has been appalling. There isn't a country in Europe that has handled this well and the less said about America the better. That tells you that despite pandemics being inevitable that not one country in the most advanced civilisation ever known was ready for it.
Agree.

Luckily the east had sars as a pre curser
No they didn’t, but keep on keep on defending
So you think most Western Governments have handled this amazing and we are the odd ones out?
We've all more or less done the exact same thing.
Bizarre

Last edited:
Nobody argues the root cause. But whoever was responsible for the root cause once it came to England it was for our government to manage in the best way they could, surely you can see that.

Certainly in my life time, I’m 57, he trumps Thatcher for me, not in a winning top trump way, either
The way he’s going I have to say he could be worse than Blair.

The way he’s going I have to say he could be worse than Blair.
For me he’s worse than Blair by a country mile, he‘s even worse than Thatcher, and I never ever thought I’d say that
Haway then.
Give me a rundown of the successful Western Governments in dealing with this and lets see of its a minority or majority....
it’s not a competition and I’m not arsed what other countries have or haven’t done, and I haven’t suggested that.
Mind,I see in replies to previous posts you have cleverly replied and tried to insinuate and interpret my thoughts.
Nothing better than someone thinking they know what you mean, better than you do yourself.
In reality I’ve never suggested any single country had an answer, happy for you to show where I have

Last edited:
Haway then.
Give me a rundown of the successful Western Governments in dealing with this and lets see of its a minority or majority....
No one has been successful but there are degrees of failure.

Given that we knew what was coming well in advance, the total lack of any advance planning was criminal.

They even seem incapable of learning from their past fuck-ups which is even more astonishing.

No one has been successful but there are degrees of failure.

Given that we knew what was coming well in advance, the total lack of any advance planning was criminal.

They even seem incapable of learning from their past fuck-ups which is even more astonishing.

This ^^

The UK had a head start on the rest of Europe but refused to act which was criminal.

Probably because in Western democracys you can't just lock people under house arrest indefinitely, governments and oppositions have to think about getting re-elected, if your in a country with little individual freedom it isnt really a problem. The outliers being Japan, Taiwan, Iceland, Australia and New Zealand. All remote islands and easy to close off from the rest of the world and none of them had to face multiple outbreaks and thousands of infected holidaymakers arriving back from Italy etc.

What we could have done though, is close the borders once we got people home and went into that lockdown, that’s easily one of the biggest failures within this, ultimately we are an island nation, that shouldn’t have been challenging.

What we could have done though, is close the borders once we got people home and went into that lockdown, that’s easily one of the biggest failures within this, ultimately we are an island nation, that shouldn’t have been challenging.
We won’t be an island nation soon, thanks to the Brexit thickies

Ireland will be though, so swings and roundabouts

For me he’s worse than Blair by a country mile, he‘s even worse than Thatcher, and I never ever thought I’d say that

it’s not a competition and I’m not arsed what other countries have or haven’t done, and I haven’t suggested that.
Mind,I see in replies to previous posts you have cleverly replied and tried to insinuate and interpret my thoughts.
Nothing better than someone thinking they know what you mean, better than you do yourself.
In reality I’ve never suggested any single country had an answer, happy for you to show where I have
Janey. I'm not sure what you're on about , trying to interpret your thoughts?
All I did was reply to you when you said BJ had failed in keeping its citizens safe (which I agree with btw) and I said that the majority of western governments had failed (as they have all done more or less the same thing). For some reason you replied that 'they hadn't, (failed) so keep on defending.'
I don't want an argument, I just don't really understand where I have interpreted your thoughts incorrectly.

Janey. I'm not sure what you're on about , trying to interpret your thoughts?
All I did was reply to you when you said BJ had failed in keeping its citizens safe (which I agree with btw) and I said that the majority of western governments had failed (as they have all done more or less the same thing). For some reason you replied that 'they hadn't, (failed) so keep on defending.'
I don't want an argument, I just don't really understand where I have interpreted your thoughts incorrectly.
I don’t want an arguement either, I was proper pissed off with the whole shit show last night, so just spouting off. 😁
And it’s Christmas, whatever Christmas is this year x

I don’t want an arguement either, I was proper pissed off with the whole shit show last night, so just spouting off. 😁
And it’s Christmas, whatever Christmas is this year x
My mam was in tears last night (she lives in a low covid area 350 mile from me, where I live in another low covid area) I'm pissed off too.
BJs u turn fucked us off massively. Would have been far better if he hadn't agreed this 5 day thing, but his wanting to keep people happy leads to so much indecision, and dare I say, weak leadership.
I can understand anyone wanting to spout off.
X

My mam was in tears last night (she lives in a low covid area 350 mile from me, where I live in another low covid area) I'm pissed off too.
BJs u turn fucked us off massively. Would have been far better if he hadn't agreed this 5 day thing, but his wanting to keep people happy leads to so much indecision, and dare I say, weak leadership.
I can understand anyone wanting to spout off.
X
It’s so awful for people in your situation, are you able to travel to see her, given you both live in low Covid areas (Im totally lost off with it all) its no wonder people are confused.
It was a disgrace announcing it last night, I don’t for a second believe he didn’t have information it was going this way on Wednesday when he had his dig at Starmer in PMQ’s. He’s shafted so many people. He should never be forgiven.
xx

thatcher, blair, cameron in recent times.
All haven’t been worse than Boris, hated Thatcher but was a leader and made decisive decisions, Blair, best nhs and education has ever been/minimum wage, terrible decision about Iraq, Cameron was ok, don’t think should of called a referendum

Boris has not done a single thug where you could say, aye good PM him

All haven’t been worse than Boris, hated Thatcher but was a leader and made decisive decisions, Blair, best nhs and education has ever been/minimum wage, terrible decision about Iraq, Cameron was ok, don’t think should of called a referendum

thatcher decimated this area and is directly responsible for a lot of the problems we have in today's selfish society.
blair promised so much. i was chuffed to bits when he was elected, stayed up all night to watch the results coming in, thought we would be in for a bright future and he destroyed any hope as well as being a liar.
cameron was just playing. when he didn't get what he wanted he abandoned the country. turned his back on it. yet another politician doing it to feather his own nest instead of the good of the country.

tried to edit the other post but ran out of time.
don't get the idea i'm sticking up for boris, that's not the case. he's just another one who is in it for himself and sees it as a career and not for what's best for the folk in this country imo.

Last edited:
My daughter is en-route. I'm can't decide whether to put her on the first train back or let her stay.

She should have gone home.

Might sound harsh but when this spreads wherever you are you can’t be blaming anybody else.
lockdown causes more damage than the virus but yeah other than that they are f***ing great.

Reduced rates of transmission and death are a result of lockdown - not in spite of.
No they should of be a long term plan then people can plan.The whole your nanny and cleaner can come in your house not your relative, You can eat out and drink at half the price anywhere but not visit your nearest and dearest, you can go on holiday one week to some places then next week have to come back early or isolate for two weeks.
Everyone can go to work and mingle but not see their granchildren.
Travel a few miles you can go out have a meal and drink travel back and you can't.
The first lockdown was succesful and clear to all till Boris's mate trashed public trust and the lying, cheating, useless excuse for a human being failed to sack him on the spot

How can you have a long term plan when we're in an ever-evolving global health pandemic.

The reasons you can see your nanny and cleaner are pretty clear. What do you need explaining?

How many of your colleagues are you giving big hugs to? Or do you treat your grandkids like your colleagues and sit 2m from them?

Last edited:
thatcher decimated this area and is directly responsible for a lot of the problems we have in today's selfish society.
blair promised so much. i was chuffed to bits when he was elected, stayed up all night to watch the results coming in, thought we would be in for a bright future and he destroyed any hope as well as being a liar.
cameron was just playing. when he didn't get what he wanted he abandoned the country. turned his back on it. yet another politician doing it to feather his own nest instead of the good of the country.

tried to edit the other post but ran out of time.
don't get the idea i'm sticking up for boris, that's not the case. he's just another one who is in it for himself and sees it as a career and not for what's best for the folk in this country imo.
I don’t disagree with a lot of your post mate, just really think this fella is less than useless

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back