Egg chasers of the SMB

I'm sure most English fans would love to have them back, unfortunately the RFU seem to think Jones can do no wrong.

Happy for Ireland though and hope they can mount a serious challenge at the World Cup next year.
Not sure Faz would go back to England, particularly with Owen still in contention. He is well settled in Ireland and is well liked. Same with Lancaster. I think the IRFU brass are a bit easier to deal with!
Ireland has a very tough draw in World Cup (pool B). Same pool as SA. And if they get out of that they play either All Blacks or France (with France at home!)

Watching this Wales game. Really wish the lions had delayed the tour till this year. Packed ground (although not sold out but it is only Wales)

Not sure Faz would go back to England, particularly with Owen still in contention. He is well settled in Ireland and is well liked. Same with Lancaster. I think the IRFU brass are a bit easier to deal with!
Ireland has a very tough draw in World Cup (pool B). Same pool as SA. And if they get out of that they play either All Blacks or France (with France at home!)
I’ve heard it’s pretty much a done deal that Borthwick will be next England coach. Think he’s got a year left on his Leicester contract so he will have another season with Tigers then join up as a member of England’s back room team for France before assuming the role from Jones.

It’s a disgrace that Farrell, Catt and Shaun Edwards are all in the employ of foreign unions whilst we linger on with Jones mind. The RFU are as much use as the ECB.

I’ve heard it’s pretty much a done deal that Borthwick will be next England coach. Think he’s got a year left on his Leicester contract so he will have another season with Tigers then join up as a member of England’s back room team for France before assuming the role from Jones.

It’s a disgrace that Farrell, Catt and Shaun Edwards are all in the employ of foreign unions whilst we linger on with Jones mind. The RFU are as much use as the ECB.

I think Borthwick will do a good job, he plays to the strengths of English players. He just needs good changes with him, defence is a given but definitely a decent attach coach who can give us some patterns

Former Wales captain Ryan Jones diagnosed with dementia at the age of 41. Absolutely heartbreaking.

The game is headed for a reckoning very soon with this issue. The players play far too much when you look at how brutal the sport is. They need to manage the workloads of the players and properly look after them.

Former Wales captain Ryan Jones diagnosed with dementia at the age of 41. Absolutely heartbreaking.

The game is headed for a reckoning very soon with this issue. The players play far too much when you look at how brutal the sport is. They need to manage the workloads of the players and properly look after them.
Well reduce the number of subs would be a start. The players are too big now. Wingers are built like back rows. Even the centre’s are too big now

Well reduce the number of subs would be a start. The players are too big now. Wingers are built like back rows. Even the centre’s are too big now
Completely agree mate. You look at the Springbok pack and you have Koch and Kitshoff coming on to smash into an already tired oppo front row after an hour. It’s ridiculous.

Completely agree mate. You look at the Springbok pack and you have Koch and Kitshoff coming on to smash into an already tired oppo front row after an hour. It’s ridiculous.
Genuinely scares me the amount of headshots I’ve taken over the years. I’ve been knocked unconscious five times playing at a pretty high standard of rugby at fly half and full back

My last game was jan 2020. Took a high ball, slammed into the ground, knocked clean out by the replacement winger as my head smashed into the ground.

Had blurred vision and disorientation for nearly a week. If it wasn’t for Covid shutting the world down I’d have probably still played on that season.

Thankfully an ankle injury made me retire but I do occasionally get forgetful about simple stuff

Genuinely scares me the amount of headshots I’ve taken over the years. I’ve been knocked unconscious five times playing at a pretty high standard of rugby at fly half and full back

My last game was jan 2020. Took a high ball, slammed into the ground, knocked clean out by the replacement winger as my head smashed into the ground.

Had blurred vision and disorientation for nearly a week. If it wasn’t for Covid shutting the world down I’d have probably still played on that season.

Thankfully an ankle injury made me retire but I do occasionally get forgetful about simple stuff

I really think unless you see the "hits" live -(I have been to the Falcons a few times) you do not realise the shear force of the tackles and it will be more intense at test level

Accidental collisions are one thing and need managing by HIA’s , but deliberate high shots need to be treated very severely imho because as you say the players are so powerful nowadays. Red card and very long bans.

At levels below scrutinised professional matches, immediate substitution and subsequent medical assessment

I worry for Sexton

The way in which tackling has been approached with an emphasis now on holding the player up and/or ripping the ball away means tackles are going higher, with the increased chance of blows to the head. Back in the mists of time when I played the emphasis on tackling was “cheek to hip” in order to bring your man to ground and create opportunities for your team to claim balls through the ruck. Throw in the sheer size, speed and build of pro player now and with the increased chance of blows to the head it’s a recipe for disaster in the future. I do think world rugby needs to look at the laws around tackling. Tackler (and tackler only) allowed to play ball on ground if the tackle is good and brings ball carrier to ground for example?

Back