Egg chasers of the SMB

Yeah bit worrying and definitely not a good legacy for poor Cyril Duckworth who poured his heart, soul and a not inconsiderable amount of money into the club. RIP.
I worry they won’t be the first. Wasps may go next. Maybes that will make the suits at the RFU wake up and sort out the game.

They fucked up not bringing the clubs and players under central RFU contracts in 1995

I worry they won’t be the first. Wasps may go next. Maybes that will make the suits at the RFU wake up and sort out the game.

They fucked up not bringing the clubs and players under central RFU contracts in 1995
It's a worrying state of affairs that 2 clubs could potentially go to the wall in such a short space of time. Wasps may have a bit of leverage as they may be able to find a homeless local football club they could sell their ground to, but Worcester's ground is miles outside the city right next to the M5, very little value there I should imagine.

I think the action needed goes beyond the RFU, the schedule across Europe at least, and preferably globally, needs a complete rethink to reduce the amount of rugby being played, thereby reducing the number of players clubs need.

It's a worrying state of affairs that 2 clubs could potentially go to the wall in such a short space of time. Wasps may have a bit of leverage as they may be able to find a homeless local football club they could sell their ground to, but Worcester's ground is miles outside the city right next to the M5, very little value there I should imagine.

I think the action needed goes beyond the RFU, the schedule across Europe at least, and preferably globally, needs a complete rethink to reduce the amount of rugby being played, thereby reducing the number of players clubs need.

Fixture wise I don’t see how they can drop the current number of games.

Prem cup or Anglo welsh cup could go but that’s where young lads are developed.

It needs a world wide consensus on squad sizes, salaries and fixture schedules. How can clubs compete with the french clubs or Leinster, sorry ireland

Good job World rugby is on it 🤦🏻‍♂️

Fixture wise I don’t see how they can drop the current number of games.

Prem cup or Anglo welsh cup could go but that’s where young lads are developed.

It needs a world wide consensus on squad sizes, salaries and fixture schedules. How can clubs compete with the french clubs or Leinster, sorry ireland

Good job World rugby is on it 🤦🏻‍♂️
There's simply no one in World Rugby who has the balls to shake things up in the way that's needed.

It really shouldn't be rocket science. A global season starting in January, Six Nations and Rugby Championship played concurrently in February/March. Internationals in the Southern Hemisphere in July, then in the north in November after the domestic season has ended in October.

Argies beat New Zealand in Christchurch today and Australia beat SA. Two interesting results.

Can't wait for the world cup could be wide open.

Argies beat New Zealand in Christchurch today and Australia beat SA. Two interesting results.

Can't wait for the world cup could be wide open.
Only just managed to catch this up what with the cricket and F1 today. What a result for Argentina! New Zealand have been very hot and cold recently. Also a very poor performance from South Africa in Adelaide losing to that Aussie team.

The World Cup really should be France's to lose, and I'm sure that true to form, they will.

Only just managed to catch this up what with the cricket and F1 today. What a result for Argentina! New Zealand have been very hot and cold recently. Also a very poor performance from South Africa in Adelaide losing to that Aussie team.

The World Cup really should be France's to lose, and I'm sure that true to form, they will.
Last sentence sums it up perfectly!

Only caught the last ten mins of the Aus match and the first half of the NZ. Hopefully it'll be repeated again at some point.

Penalty given for time wasting :eek:
Now I’d like to see more of it and the ludicrous time it takes for scrum halves to clear at the back of rucks…I can’t see it being consistently applied mind.

Wonder how many refs would have given that against the Kiwis in the final minutes ?

Well I was looking forward to watching Harlequins v Sarries today as I assumed that all of the England players who toured Australia would be available for selection. I see Sarries are playing the likes of Farrell and Itoje but Harlequins have been barred from playing Marcus Smith? What the hell is going on?

Well Bath never stop finding new ways for me to describe a performance as the worst I've ever seen. Up against 14 men at home to Sale and can't even manage a losing bonus point.

Absolutely f***ing awful! Another long and frustrating season awaits! :evil:

Well Bath never stop finding new ways for me to describe a performance as the worst I've ever seen. Up against 14 men at home to Sale and can't even manage a losing bonus point.

Absolutely f***ing awful! Another long and frustrating season awaits! :evil:
Something seriously wrong at that club.

Lovely place though. I’ve got a hotel booked down there October 22nd. Got a ticket for Bath v Northampton then going for some beers after. :cool:

£71 for a ticket though. Robbing kernts.

Something seriously wrong at that club.

Lovely place though. I’ve got a hotel booked down there October 22nd. Got a ticket for Bath v Northampton then going for some beers after.:cool:

£71 for a ticket though. Robbing kernts.
It's a lovely place to watch rugby, that might be my next game as well. Where are you sitting?

Worth your while downloading the Bath Rugby Bars app so you can jump the beer queues at half time, it was only the Gem that made today worthwhile.

Back