Egg chasers of the SMB

Still playing at almost 40.

I support Ulster but go to the Falcons at least once a month.

My daughter has just been selected for the county! :D

My stepdad has is still going at 49 like. Keeps saying 'this is my last season, definitely.' Never happens.

The archetypal wandering prop. By the time he's caught up with play it's time for another scrum.

My stepdad has is still going at 49 like. Keeps saying 'this is my last season, definitely.' Never happens.

The archetypal wandering prop. By the time he's caught up with play it's time for another scrum.
there's a bloke down at Blackheath turns out for the bandits (social team) turns out at 71. tough as old boots he is. knocked someone out last time I went to watch.

:lol:

We've got a few of them like. I'm still playing 8 but it's getting tougher to keep up with lads half my age. I've felt different recently, my legs have definitely started to go.

there's a bloke down at Blackheath turns out for the bandits (social team) turns out at 71. tough as old boots he is. knocked someone out last time I went to watch.

Class. We had a fella like that who would turn out for the social side with the team I was playing for in Norwich last season. Not sure of his exact age but his 30 year old son was a centre in the 1s and he could barely move for arthritis :lol:

Class. We had a fella like that who would turn out for the social side with the team I was playing for in Norwich last season. Not sure of his exact age but his 30 year old son was a centre in the 1s and he could barely move for arthritis :lol:
he's been 65 for about 7 years now :) turned up one week on a cbr 125 said he was taking motorbike lessons. 3 weeks later he turns up with a fireblade. I think he's made of diamonds or something. is also a prop.

they say it takes the same amount of energy to do a scrum for a prop as it does for a back to run the length of the pitch

as a tight head I can say that I was a wandering prop, by the time I'd got out from the bottom of the heap and given my head a shake I'd trot up in time for the next scrum

We've got a few of them like. I'm still playing 8 but it's getting tougher to keep up with lads half my age. I've felt different recently, my legs have definitely started to go.

Tight five is the way to go for lads that age. Old man strength should never be underestimated, it's a weird phenomenon that science is yet to explain.

I remember the first time I played men's Rugby, was about 16 and I was playing on the wing at the time. Came up against an old timer as my opposite number on their left wing in a pre-season match. I don't think he enjoyed his day :lol:

Couldn't touch me in attack and he was a sitting duck when he had the ball.

they say it takes the same amount of energy to do a scrum for a prop as it does for a back to run the length of the pitch

as a tight head I can say that I was a wandering prop, by the time I'd got out from the bottom of the heap and given my head a shake I'd trot up in time for the next scrum

It would be nice for him to make it to the occasional ruck mind ;)

Nah, just kidding. He's a fantastic player even now at the level he's playing at. Only watched him 2-3 times but he regularly schools younger opposing props when it comes to the scrum. And you can't expect that much running around from a 49 year old, 17 stone man.

Just had our village newsletter through & there's an appeal for the rugby side as they had to cancel their last match as not enough players. Missus has threatened withdrawal of favours if I even consider it.

I don't think 53 is too old.

I used to quite like watching Rugby (Union) on the box, but there's absolutely nothing like watching it live.
Started going to watch the Falcons about six years ago - hasn't been too much to cheer mind.

I used to quite like watching Rugby (Union) on the box, but there's absolutely nothing like watching it live.
Started going to watch the Falcons about six years ago - hasn't been too much to cheer mind.
We've got a training session up at Kingston park in a few weeks. Can't wait to see the new pitch and throw a few Hollywood passes about for the coaches

33 isn't too old to finally get my break is it????

We've got a training session up at Kingston park in a few weeks. Can't wait to see the new pitch and throw a few Hollywood passes about for the coaches

33 isn't too old to finally get my break is it????

I know it's possible to break into the premiership having come from an amateur league a bit later on than in Association Football, (e.g Samu Manoa coming in from San Francisco Golden Gate in his mid-late 20's and being voted player of the season for the champions) but I think that's pushing it a bit :lol:

I know it's possible to break into the premiership having come from an amateur league a bit later on than in Association Football, (e.g Samu Manoa coming in from San Francisco Golden Gate in his mid-late 20's and being voted player of the season for the champions) but I think that's pushing it a bit :lol:

Surely you get to a stage in life where you wouldn't WANT to be discovered, and suddenly going from facing someone who got pissed last night and had a smoke at half time to facing what is apparently a JCB with legs who can run the 100m in 11 seconds.

Back