Egg chasers of the SMB

Surely you get to a stage in life where you wouldn't WANT to be discovered, and suddenly going from facing someone who got pissed last night and had a smoke at half time to facing what is apparently a JCB with legs who can run the 100m in 11 seconds.

Aye, I don't think there's many Samu Manoas around in the weekend leagues.

15 years ago I'd have been quite the physical specimen as a centre in the pro game. I'm probably a stone shy of the average centre in the premiership nowadays. Crazy how the game has changed.

15 years ago I'd have been quite the physical specimen as a centre in the pro game. I'm probably a stone shy of the average centre in the premiership nowadays. Crazy how the game has changed.

Aye, Chris Ashton at 5ft11 the shortest bloke in the England team when he played, and people wondering whether Twelvetrees is a bit lightweight for the centres at 6ft3 and just under 16 stone

Surely you get to a stage in life where you wouldn't WANT to be discovered, and suddenly going from facing someone who got pissed last night and had a smoke at half time to facing what is apparently a JCB with legs who can run the 100m in 11 seconds.
Ah the dreams over :lol:

Since I turned 30 I've gradually lost my lightening pace anyway. Until this season when we had I a few new players i was still the quickest on the team like :lol:

Aye, Chris Ashton at 5ft11 the shortest bloke in the England team when he played, and people wondering whether Twelvetrees is a bit lightweight for the centres at 6ft3 and just under 16 stone
thr weight of the average back has shot up. Jason Robinson is tiny in comparison to wingers/fullbacks now. He's only been retired 10 years

I read a book about the history of the rugby world cup an it was topper. Some old fellow had travelled miles to watch it (amateur days) and had to help some blokes into their hotel rooms: one was wearing a pot plant, one was covered in shoe polish etc. Next day he watched the Wales team running out onto the pitch to play Australia... "Fuck me, that's the blokes from last night!"

Ah the dreams over :lol:

Since I turned 30 I've gradually lost my lightening pace anyway. Until this season when we had I a few new players i was still the quickest on the team like :lol:

thr weight of the average back has shot up. Jason Robinson is tiny in comparison to wingers/fullbacks now. He's only been retired 10 years
just have to look at how big backs dominated their time. tuigamala, lomu, lima, ntamack, umaga...

Yup. Ashton is about the same weight as me (although I'm taller).

Crazy that that's now considered small. Especially when a footballer that big is considered absolutely massive :lol:

Fortunately my local team is Harlequins and I see them when I'm unable to get to see the lads. Been supporting them since the game turned professional. My first team were always Richmond which I immediately started supporting when I moved down in the seventies, but only see them a couple of times a season these days as the standard is pretty poor .... always a good drink though :lol:
How on earth have you been getting to Durham championship home games this summer if you live down London way?

Fair play if you've treked up all that way for the cricket marra.

Just googled 'heaviest rugby xv' and came up with this:

http://www.rugbyonslaught.com/2013/01/rugby-onslaught-heaviest-xv.html
No room for Manu and average back weight would be 18st 3lbs :eek:
130kg winger?! fuck off :) that's 2 of me :)

Lad at our rugby club reckons he has spent 2 and a half grand on tickets for various locations on the pre sale.

He seems to think he'll get rid of them no bother. I hope he struggles just for the comedy value :lol:

this boy did 15k on Olympic tickets. although I think it'll be easier to offload Twickenham tickets.

@ouro I'm planning on a brighton day out as an aside. train to brighton , lunch, cheapo tickets for the match then back to brighton to get back on it. should be cheaper than a tickers day out.

Speaking of big bastards, see Andrew Sheridan has had to retire through injury

His destruction of the Aussie scrum was a massive highlight of the 2007 World Cup

130kg winger?! fuck off :) that's 2 of me :)

this boy did 15k on Olympic tickets. although I think it'll be easier to offload Twickenham tickets.

@ouro I'm planning on a brighton day out as an aside. train to brighton , lunch, cheapo tickets for the match then back to brighton to get back on it. should be cheaper than a tickers day out.

Hmm.. I may be in touch if me and my big daft mate from Derby get some tickets.. I don't think I have ever been to Brighton.

Back