Egg chasers of the SMB

And yet they’ve lost only once under Eddie Jones.
Yeah but being realistic it's all about winning the 2019 WC and establishing a continuing legacy for the team beyond for him, those things aren't going to happen if England don't drastically improve and a strong purple patch of victories the past year won't matter a jot. The 2007 AB'a were unbeaten for about 3 years but no-one gives a fuck, they're remembered for choking the quarters and that's it. EJ wants England to be the best and England are far from it with their decision making no matter how many games like this they squeak

Yeah but being realistic it's all about winning the 2019 WC and establishing a continuing legacy for the team beyond for him, those things aren't going to happen if England don't drastically improve and a strong purple patch of victories the past year won't matter a jot. The 2007 AB'a were unbeaten for about 3 years but no-one gives a fuck, they're remembered for choking the quarters and that's it. EJ wants England to be the best and England are far from it with their decision making no matter how many games like this they squeak

I think your worries are misplaced but k.

IMHO this England team is yet to peak

Absolutely. Need to lose a few of the old guard first though.

Brown (I know he had a good game today buts it been ages) Cole, Hartley

For Hartley to go, LCD needs to tighten up his throwing and Farrell needs to polish his captaincy style. It's all quite close to coming off. Slade is close to being the answer at centre, and Mercer is close to being the answer in the back row. I don't care if it takes us another year to click, so long as it's before the next RWC

Took my youngest* to Scotland u17 training camp today in Sheffield and was the only who went to a comp

One lad from Brighton had the first name “Merlin”. I could see the look of bewilderment on other parents faces when I said he was leaving school after gcse and starting apprenticeship at Rolls Royce as an engineer.

*Unfortunately he had to withdraw early due to illness :-(

Took my youngest* to Scotland u17 training camp today in Sheffield and was the only who went to a comp

One lad from Brighton had the first name “Merlin”. I could see the look of bewilderment on other parents faces when I said he was leaving school after gcse and starting apprenticeship at Rolls Royce as an engineer.

*Unfortunately he had to withdraw early due to illness :-(
Lad I know who went to walbottle has just been to the last under 17 England camp.

The debate about it being a posh boys sport will always happen while state schools don’t teach rugby union in big numbers.

Back