Egg chasers of the SMB

With the exception of Webb and Faletau, the Welsh players just aren't good enough to be there.

Apparently JD 2 is playing like some sort of supersize Barry John for Scarlets at the moment. The problem is this is a Gatland team and worse still, Rob Howley as attack coach so any good attacking play is going to depend on skilful individuals getting in the side. Which isn't that many of the Welsh..

My Lions test XV picks so far:

Mako
George/Owens
Furlong
Itoje
Kruis
O'Mahony
O'Brien
Faletau
Murray
Farrell
Daly
Henshaw
Joseph
North
Watson

Last edited:
I said from the start Gatland and Howley were the wrong choice for the toughest tour. Their bias is bloody ridiculous. England and Ireland had the better players but there was no chance those two would accept that or would be able to get the best from non welsh players. Can't see how this will not end up 3-0 whitewash

I said from the start Gatland and Howley were the wrong choice for the toughest tour. Their bias is bloody ridiculous. England and Ireland had the better players but there was no chance those two would accept that or would be able to get the best from non welsh players. Can't see how this will not end up 3-0 whitewash
Unfortunately this.

I'm reserving judgement until the Maori All Blacks game, where Gatland says he'll be picking a more or less test side and it shouldn't include anyone who's just been picked to give him game time. I still think it'll have at least two Welsh players in that shouldn't be, mind
Halfpenny will be one of them no doubt. That'll be such a frustrating selection as the threat we'll gain from his kicking (5 more metres range) will be countered by the reduced counter attacking threat of not starting with Watson at 15.

Halfpenny will be one of them no doubt. That'll be such a frustrating selection as the threat we'll gain from his kicking (5 more metres range) will be countered by the reduced counter attacking threat of not starting with Watson at 15.

Jesus Christ - Wales Online printed this load of arsedribble

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/lions-xv-warren-gatland-should-13185207

Imagine if English journos were arguing for the inclusion of 6 English players after a poor Six Nations, including at least two players who'd shown indifferent form at best for about a year. Fuck me. There's something about rugby union which turns Welsh people into the world's biggest fannies

Apparently JD 2 is playing like some sort of supersize Barry John for Scarlets at the moment. The problem is this is a Gatland team and worse still, Rob Howley as attack coach so any good attacking play is going to depend on skilful individuals getting in the side. Which isn't that many of the Welsh..

My Lions test XV picks so far:

Mako
George/Owens
Furlong
Itoje
Kruis
O'Mahony
O'Brien
Faletau
Murray
Farrell
Daly
Henshaw
Joseph
North
Watson

agree with most of that line up, but I'd go with Wynn Jones at lock ahead of Itoje( who I love btw)
Think he'll go with Halfpenny at FB, though I would also side with Watson, also think he might go with Teo in centre as well

agree with most of that line up, but I'd go with Wynn Jones at lock ahead of Itoje( who I love btw)
Think he'll go with Halfpenny at FB, though I would also side with Watson, also think he might go with Teo in centre as well

An all-welsh back 3 of Williams, Halfpenny and North is a f***ing terrible idea and completely ignores current form as well as what is likely to work against NZ.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/lions-xv-warren-gatland-should-13185207

Imagine if English journos were arguing for the inclusion of 6 English players after a poor Six Nations, including at least two players who'd shown indifferent form at best for about a year. Fuck me. There's something about rugby union which turns Welsh people into the world's biggest fannies
:lol:

staggered they only argued for 6 !!
Thought they would argue for 14 olus Farrell

f***ing hell. I got as far as Te'o being moved out of position to 13, Halfpenny shoe-horned in on the wing and Joseph not even being mentioned before I gave up on that.

What is it about them when it comes to the Lions?

Doesn't need rugby union to do that

Well done the lasses. Know Tamara Taylor one of the most capped players.

The lions have started shockingly. Mistake after mistake. The ABs will destroy us playing like that

Back