Edward Thompsons

Just wondered how many people on here used to work there? I was just talking to a lass who I work with now and she worked in the shop same time as I worked at Richmond street and The Mill. Good times and would go as far to say the best job I ever had. I know one of the lads on here who I worked with would agree as he had great history there.

Last edited:

Just wondered how many people on here used to work there? I was just talking to a lass who I work with now and she worked in the shop same time as I worked at Richmond street and The Mill. Good times and would go as far to say the best job I ever had. I know one of the lads on here who I worked with would agree as he had great history there.
Me sister worked in the sheepfolds from the day she left school 98ish till it shut iirc. Me auntie did too all her life. 50 year she did there.

I was there form about 1994-2001
When she was about 18 and I was 22 I was stationed in catterick so I got home most weekends, she was out every weekend and all her work mates descended on me mars house for pre drinks and to get ready, then the odd one sleep over. House full of 18 year old lasses and a 22 year old paratrooper not owa bad on the eye either. It was a f***ing turkey shoot pal. I bet it was class working there.

When she was about 18 and I was 22 I was stationed in catterick so I got home most weekends, she was out every weekend and all her work mates descended on me mars house for pre drinks and to get ready, then the odd one sleep over. House full of 18 year old lasses and a 22 year old paratrooper not owa bad on the eye either. It was a f***ing turkey shoot pal. I bet it was class working there.

Haha class pal that sounds like a very good night !!! Best job I ever had and worked with some class lads and lasses

I worked at the printing department at The Mill for 12 weeks in between studying for my degree. I was once was a printer so our boy who worked there for over 25 years, got me in for a temp job.

I was printing German Scratch Lotto cards while there.

That explains all the power cuts at the time then.
When power cuts happened in them days, couple had now't to do but to gan to bed and buck, hence population numbers would spike up at times with extra bairns popping out nine months later.

Last edited:
When power cuts happened in them days, couple had now't to do but to gan to bed and buck, hence population numbers would spike up at times with extra bairns popping out nine months later.
So are you implying that the subsequent reliability of our energy production facilities and associated availability of man-made illumination have somehow impinged on your attractiveness to the opposite sex?

So are you implying that the subsequent reliability of our energy production facilities and associated availability of man-made illumination have somehow impinged on your attractiveness to the opposite sex?
I was born in the middle of a power cut, so there must be some Freudian explanation as to why I grew up as a romantic bastard who prefers fanny by candlelight and not the big light?

I worked at SAFC in the 70s and Thompsons did a lot of our work. I used to go for lunch at the canteen with Johnny Watters and who ever was getting treatment at Roker. Tommy Clark, Ray Smith, Bob Hannant and my memory has let me down again. I remember Frank Cronin coming onto the board at SAFC.

I worked at SAFC in the 70s and Thompsons did a lot of our work. I used to go for lunch at the canteen with Johnny Watters and who ever was getting treatment at Roker. Tommy Clark, Ray Smith, Bob Hannant and my memory has let me down again. I remember Frank Cronin coming onto the board at SAFC.

Including the greyhounds he used to give massages to?:lol:

Back