Edward Thompsons

Worked there in IT doing the maths for the scratch cards, internal ID and anything else that needed doing, played a couple of games for the footy team and used to play at the seaburn centre on a Sat morning with a load of the lads

Just wondered how many people on here used to work there? I was just talking to a lass who I work with now and she worked in the shop same time as I worked at Richmond street and The Mill. Good times and would go as far to say the best job I ever had. I know one of the lads on here who I worked with would agree as he had great history there.
Do,they still have a squash court

My first ever job when I left school. Absolutely loved the place. The banter there was something else, just spent all day taking the piss and laughing my tits off.

that's my memories too

@mini-x2

Dave Reverley
Craig hope
Chris turner

Forgot that Brannigan worked there also !
aye those lads were there same time as me

Do,they still have a squash court

they did last time I worked there

@mini-x2

Dave Reverley
Craig hope
Chris turner

Forgot that Brannigan worked there also !

worked with all those lads ....good craic

I only work there for nearly 30 years...

Took @mini-x2 under my wing, hopeless he was but I tried to bring him up to speed ;)

It isn't shut BTW, they still have about 50 staff at Richmond Street.

some good times in my time there mate :D

Last edited:
I worked at SAFC in the 70s and Thompsons did a lot of our work. I used to go for lunch at the canteen with Johnny Watters and who ever was getting treatment at Roker. Tommy Clark, Ray Smith, Bob Hannant and my memory has let me down again. I remember Frank Cronin coming onto the board at SAFC.

All Sunderland fans should be grateful for what Frank Cronin did for the club , in effect he bailed the club out and kept it going by giving it financial help big time.

A local business supporting the local community in more ways than one , continued to this day by Tombola and the Cronin family.

Back