Edinburgh

Depends what you’re looking for really but:

Pub-wise I like Panda & sons and Hoot the redeemer - both similar in that they’re ‘hidden’ bars - although google maps will take you straight to them if you’re wanting to go. One on the corner of queen st, the other in Hanover st I think

There’s a new rooftop garden type thing opened or opening on Queen st, looks like it’ll be really nice but I’ve got no idea if it’s open yet. I’ll update if I pass it tonight.

Copper blossom just on the corner on George st is also worth a visit if you’re looking for nice places

Food wise, there’s something for everyone so if you’ve got any thing in mind I can probably recommend somewhere

Also if you’re there on the first Thursday of the month it’s worth visiting the sky bar at the Hilton on bread st. Best view of the castle going in my opinion.

Virtually impossible to have a bad time there. Great city.

Head for the public triangle ;)
Is that where everyone knocks about?

The pubs on Leith walk look a bit spit and sawdust IMO..i was staying at Malmaison down Leith docks way..the taxi driver on the way down just kept saying..that's a Hibs pub..that's a Hibs pub..and that's a Hibs pub..didn't bother.
I stayed there a few years ago, I found the area decent enough but the hotel was shite.

Pub-wise I like Panda & sons and Hoot the redeemer - both similar in that they’re ‘hidden’ bars - although google maps will take you straight to them if you’re wanting to go. One on the corner of queen st, the other in Hanover st I think

There’s a new rooftop garden type thing opened or opening on Queen st, looks like it’ll be really nice but I’ve got no idea if it’s open yet. I’ll update if I pass it tonight.

Copper blossom just on the corner on George st is also worth a visit if you’re looking for nice places

Food wise, there’s something for everyone so if you’ve got any thing in mind I can probably recommend somewhere

Also if you’re there on the first Thursday of the month it’s worth visiting the sky bar at the Hilton on bread st. Best view of the castle going in my opinion.

Cheers for that. Going Sunday then staying over for a couple of days.

Eeee the first two are cocktail bars man ffs ;)
There this Saturday til Monday.
Also, why does it have to be the first Thursday of the month for the Hilton?

Eeee the first two are cocktail bars man ffs ;)
There this Saturday til Monday.
Also, why does it have to be the first Thursday of the month for the Hilton?

Oh aye they’re not my usual haunts but it’s where I take people if they’re wanting somewhere fancy!

The Hilton only open it to the public on the first Thursday, unless there’s a special event on. Otherwise I think it’s only open for guests of the hotel.

Edit: It’s actually Edinburgh cocktail week this weekend, so you can buy a wristband and get reduced price drinks at quite a few places, and the Hilton bar is open as part of that!

https://www.edinburghcocktailweek.co.uk

But again, depends what you’re in Edinburgh for!

Rose street is the classic for a pub crawl - can go into any bar along there and enjoy yourself

Back when I lived in Edinburgh, my favourite restaurants were Viva Mexico on Cockburn St and Time For Thai on N Castle Street.

I’ve not been to either for about 5 years so no idea if they are still as good.

Oh aye they’re not my usual haunts but it’s where I take people if they’re wanting somewhere fancy!

The Hilton only open it to the public on the first Thursday, unless there’s a special event on. Otherwise I think it’s only open for guests of the hotel.

Edit: It’s actually Edinburgh cocktail week this weekend, so you can buy a wristband and get reduced price drinks at quite a few places, and the Hilton bar is open as part of that!

https://www.edinburghcocktailweek.co.uk

But again, depends what you’re in Edinburgh for!

Rose street is the classic for a pub crawl - can go into any bar along there and enjoy yourself
Cocktail week will keep the lasses happy at least!
Stayed Rose Street when I went in the summer. Will be Grassmarket, Royal Mile area this time.

Going for a weekend break, was wondering what the best pubs, eateries etc are round the royal mile area?

Go to Oink for a sandwich, and Mussel and Steak bar on the Grassmarket.

Voodoo Rooms is canny for a drink if it's still open, been a few year since i've been like.

Back