Eating toast in the car

Watch out for plod. Lad who worked for me got stopped for taking a drink from a can of coke. Ā£60 on the spot fine for driving without due care and attention šŸ˜©šŸ˜©

It's not illegal to drink, eat or smoke/vape whilst driving.
Only if it's caused you to become distracted and lose control of your vehicle, you "could" be fined for distracted or careless driving.

Of course most plod are thick and don't know the law. They just want easy stealth tax fines.

A McDonald's Sausage and egg muffin, with a hash brown is challenging, but doable.
The breakfast wraps were ideal driving food. Not sure they still do them though .
Putting other motorists and pedestriansā€™ lives at risk because they canā€™t be bothered to eat their breakfast at home. Nowt at all selfish about that, eh?

I bet there is a study to show the huge amount of injuries and deaths caused on our roads are utterly avoidable and the misery and loss to the families is simply down to selfishness. I donā€™t suppose knowing that will make it any easier for those families.

Stillā€¦.. ā€œIā€™ve always been fine and it will never happen to meā€ etc
Eating toast will be way down the cause of accidents list man. I bet you drive with 2 hands on the wheel as well.

Last edited:
The breakfast wraps were ideal driving food. Not sure they still do them though .

Eating toast will be way down the cause of accidents list man. I bet you drive with 2 hands on the wheel as well.

It'll be lower than using your phone at the wheel, which only knackers do

Eating toast will be way down the cause of accidents list man.

Agreed. Of course, and yes there are far more dangerous and moronic things that people do like drink driving and texting.

It's still selfish though. Just part of the general attitude of selfish apathy and overconfidence that some people have. At one end of the scale it's eating the bacon roll or drinking from the can of Coke. At the other their eyes are off the road for quite a while as they text that oh so important message that just can't wait and.... **SPLAT** - happens far too often.

Driving a tonne of metal often at speed and can't be bothered to give it their full attention.
It's not illegal to drink, eat or smoke/vape whilst driving.
Only if it's caused you to become distracted and lose control of your vehicle, you "could" be fined for distracted or careless driving.

Of course most plod are thick and don't know the law. They just want easy stealth tax fines.
The fine doesn't go to them, it will go straight into HMRC coffers to replenish funds lost to (now-) millionaire PPE suppliers. The police won't see any of that money.

Last edited:
Agreed. Of course, and yes there are far more dangerous and moronic things that people do like drink driving and texting.

It's still selfish though. Just part of the general attitude of selfish apathy and overconfidence that some people have. At one end of the scale it's eating the bacon roll or drinking from the can of Coke. At the other their eyes are off the road for quite a while as they text that oh so important message that just can't wait and.... **SPLAT** - happens far too often.

Driving a tonne of metal often at speed and can't be bothered to give it their full attention.

The fine doesn't go to them, it will go straight into HMRC coffers to replenish funds lost to (now-) millionaire PPE suppliers. The police won't see any of that money.

It's still a stealth tax and it makes plod look like they're earning they're coin šŸ‘šŸ¼šŸ˜

I eat in the car and tbh, the car is often a right clip.

Used a big coffee cup and whatever plum designed it chose to make the thing very smooth, so it slipped out of my grasp as I was passing Lockerbie and covered my legs and car seat in hot coffee.

Last edited:

Back