Eating toast in the car

Can you imagine any poor beggar who gets in to the OP's motor? First touch of the door handle and your hands will be all claggy with jam and butter. When you get in you will be sitting on layers of gritty toast cumbs that are all owa the seat. There will be greasey finger prints on the dash & driving mirror and the whole car will have that permanent strong dampish smell of stale burnt toast thet gets in to your clothes and hair.

It's too disgusting to contemplate.

(As if he can afford lemon curd anarl - more like Tesco Value mixed berry jam).
Can you not eat toast without touching the spread like? I’ve had one with butter and one with ginger preserve this morning and hands remained perfectly clean.

Unless you have a toaster in the car, i’m not sure how much extra time you’re managing to get in bed by eating the toast in the car like.
The time consuming part of toast is toasting the bread and then adding the spread of choice. It takes about 30 seconds to scran a slice of toast. :lol:

Just make sure of a firm grip or you’ll be chairing that important meeting with lemon curd down your tie.
The only thing that surprises me about this whole discussion is that you don’t wear a little napkin tucked into your collar as you go.

In my mind’s eye I could see it as one of those little juxtaposed quirks you seem to excel at.

But EVs don't need a service, so im told on here.😉

A shrewd tool for the modern keyless car owner.
They valet it out of guilt for not having to do anything else.
We're up at 6:30, into school for 07:30, we have breakfast and listen to the radio, https://www.globalplayer.com/live/gold/uk/ (Shamless Plug) and I have a Banana and A yoghurt with a cup of coffeee. It has helped ween me off Omeprazol and my digestive system is a lot better.

It would be impossible to eat in the car, driving here is manic, you have to be on full alert at all times.
I’ve been up 2.5 hours and I’m still wandering around like a zombie. Might as well be a zombie in the car than sat at home.

Last edited:
I eat a couple of Pan Au Chocolat's from Greggs in the car the mornings I'm in the office. Tremendous when they are still warm.

Putting other motorists and pedestrians’ lives at risk because they can’t be bothered to eat their breakfast at home. Nowt at all selfish about that, eh?

I bet there is a study to show the huge amount of injuries and deaths caused on our roads are utterly avoidable and the misery and loss to the families is simply down to selfishness. I don’t suppose knowing that will make it any easier for those families.

Still….. “I’ve always been fine and it will never happen to me” etc

Watch out for plod. Lad who worked for me got stopped for taking a drink from a can of coke. £60 on the spot fine for driving without due care and attention 😩😩
I've always found that an odd one.

Fair enough, having one of your main meals of the day is just getting silly, but the police say that if you are feeling tired driving suck a boiled sweet for a bit of a sugar boost until you get to the next safe place to stop and rest. Is taking a swig of a drink any different? Especially this time of year when you have heaters on, the air in the car can get pretty dry. I always have a bottle of water with me on a long trip just for the odd one or two mouthfuls when my throat is really dry. Far safer doing that than my driving while coughing.

Putting other motorists and pedestrians’ lives at risk because they can’t be bothered to eat their breakfast at home. Nowt at all selfish about that, eh?

I bet there is a study to show the huge amount of injuries and deaths caused on our roads are utterly avoidable and the misery and loss to the families is simply down to selfishness. I don’t suppose knowing that will make it any easier for those families.

Still….. “I’ve always been fine and it will never happen to me” etc
Taking a steak with just a normal knife is the worst. Fecking nightmare getting through the bastard.

Back