Eating toast in the car

Any fans?
Makes perfect sense to me. Why get up for breakfast when you can stay in bed an extra 10 minutes and munch away on the commute?
Just make sure of a firm grip or you’ll be chairing that important meeting with lemon curd down your tie.

Agreed makes perfect sense to me mate.

Jeremy Beadle, on the other hand…🤔

1: Lemon curd ?!?!
2: Carbs & sugar is not a nutritionally sound breakfast, or any other meal for that matter
3: Tie at work so 1990s innit

Any fans?
Makes perfect sense to me. Why get up for breakfast when you can stay in bed an extra 10 minutes and munch away on the commute?
Just make sure of a firm grip or you’ll be chairing that important meeting with lemon curd down your tie.
I’ve brushed my teeth on the commute before to make it in time to work at 6am
Breakfast en route seems sensible for late starters 😉

I’m always eating and drinking as I drive along.

1st thing in the morning I always Eat a Yogi Bear on the way to work. Between driving to jobs etc I then have my bait. I also make a cup of tea whilst I’m driving.
Hot water in my flask. Tea bag , drop of milk.

Ideal time to do it as Dave said.

If you worked in an office you’d be LinkedIn’s wet dream…

It used to bug the fuck out of me when I worked in an office where it was the habit of two or three people to, as soon as they arrived, make a coffee and a bowl of cereal or something like porridge or ready brek in the kitchen microwave and sit at their desks to eat it.

It used to bug the fuck out of me when I worked in an office where it was the habit of two or three people to, as soon as they arrived, make a coffee and a bowl of cereal or something like porridge or ready brek in the kitchen microwave and sit at their desks to eat it.
I walked in twice on a bloke brushing his teeth in the bogs first thing.

The smell or because you were working while they were not?

I didn‘t say it was a rational irritation.
It did annoy me during the covid years. It was pretty irregular who was going into work and costs were being cut everywhere so my work stopped having milk delivered.

There was me and a couple of others who would just nip into the shop every couple of days and buy a couple of big cartons for everyone. One lad used to make a couple of big bowls of cereal every day, swimming in milk and use about half of it, then we would run out pretty quickly. A few of us did have a word suggesting he chips in and supplies his own breakfast then we have some for tea and coffee. I don't think he ever did, but then there was a office reshuffle and he moved to another building anyway.

That was taking the piss because we were essentially buying his breakfast every day.

I sometimes do that, but I just point at the smokers who are allowed fag breaks.

The cigarette breaks add up to a lot of time, they're not very fair on others.

One of the women I worked with used to have a real problem whenever anybody mentioned that smoking was bad for your health. By 'anyone' I mean ; articles in the company magazine, the occupational health nurse, BBC news, the government, ... everybody in the office knew better than to poke the bear so didn't mention it.

There was a smoking shelter that she and her fellow smokers frequented. At least twice a day.

She objected strongly and repeatedly when, during the (probably) annual campaign to help people pack in smoking was posters were stuck up around the building, including one in the smoking shelter. She thought that the poster in the area where people actually smoked was offensive to them.

I pointed out that I didn't need to see the poster, because I didn't smoke; so in purely practical terms the ONLY posters about ways to help people stop smoking should be in the smoking shelter so that the people who didn't smoke wouldn't be bothered with them. I don't think she spoke to me for two weeks.

The cigarette breaks add up to a lot of time, they're not very fair on others.
I worked at one place where they were very pro fag break. It was crappy IT call centre work with a small team. Smokers would be allowed to go outside for fag breaks at 10:30 but because non-smokers didn't have an addictive need they were allowed no more than 3 minutes to go to the kitchen and get a cuppa then continue working through the break, but we had a relaxing cup of tea so that was fine. Cover had to be maintained.

Come 12 it was the start of the lunch shift and smokers got to take the first shift because they needed their fix (it had been just over an hour at this point since the last fag). They would come back at 1 and the next lot would go on lunch and I'd drawn the short straw so was on the third shift. But come 2pm the smokers were allowed an early afternoon break and I was asked to hold off my lunch until 2:30pm. I'd come back at 3:30pm just in time to cover the last fag break of the day. I'd be starving by the time I got my lunch and had gone from 9-2:30 with no break. But at least an hour and a half of work in the afternoon and I was out the door like a shot. 1 hour of breaks in total for me.

Meanwhile the smokers had 1 hour lunch plus 3 x 30 minute breaks through the day, giving them 2.5 hours of breaks. I pointed this out and was told to shut up as they were dealing with a medical addiction. Same conversation I brought up the fact that half of what they said to me at interview was different to the job. They admitted they lied to make the job sound more attractive. I refused to sign a contract and moved to a better higher paid job within 6 weeks. One that started me down my current career path, so it was probably a good thing they pissed me off so quickly.

Back