Easyjet customer details have been hacked

This will cost them big time if the BA fines were anything to go by at a time when they are on their arse as well.

Anyone with refund claims would be well advised to refuse vouchers and demand their cash back.

I hate it when they make statements like this:

we take the safety and security of their information very seriously.

Obviously you don't.

I imagine their IT security budget is significant and they do take it very seriously. Whether it’s fit for purpose is another discussion altogether. Loss of reputation alone can cost business millions, so this is something they will absolutely take seriously and that’s before and legislative requirements imposed by governments and the aviation authorities.

Anyone with refund claims would be well advised to refuse vouchers and demand their cash back.
Exactly right, the airline could go bust making vouchers worthless.
I imagine their IT security budget is significant and they do take it very seriously. Whether it’s fit for purpose is another discussion altogether. Loss of reputation alone can cost business millions, so this is something they will absolutely take seriously and that’s before and legislative requirements imposed by governments and the aviation authorities.
Yeah I know what you are saying it's just something companies always say after a huge data loss or hack and I find it a bit patronising for lack of a better word. I think it would be better to say 'although we take your data seriously, after this incident we will now be taking it even more seriously'. <-- I say that with tongue in cheek. If a company lost my data the last thing I would want to hear is how good they are at protecting my data if you catch my drift.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate it when they make statements like this:

we take the safety and security of their information very seriously.

Obviously you don't.

Yep, that and "there is no evidence that this data has been used illegally".

How would they even know this? Are they watching my credit card bill to see if someone in Uganda has bought a rolex like?

it discovered the data breach in late January and was to notify those affected in the next few days.

That is really poor if they have known of the breach for the best part of 4 months and not notified people yet.

That is really poor if they have known of the breach for the best part of 4 months and not notified people yet.
The article I read said they had identified 2200 sets of credit card details that had been hacked - those customers were informed immediately.

Best of luck to any hacker trying to use our card details - closed the account before Christmas. Only downside is it will be a right clart on getting the refund as it will go back to a non-existent card. The last refund we got to the same cancelled card took an age to sort 'cos Barclays said they couldn't trace the refund. Took about four hours of phone calls before a nice Indian lad sorted it for us.

The article I read said they had identified 2200 sets of credit card details that had been hacked - those customers were informed immediately.

It looks like Sky have amended the article since I quoted it too, but it still says

Easyjet began to inform those whose card details were accessed in April and "following discussions" was now notifying other customers.

The reason that it had taken from January until April to contact people was because of the time taken "to understand the scope of the breach", which was "highly sophisticated", a spokesman said.

Looks like they are blaming the Chinese for it now too!

Back