Easy sports us brits just seem to naturally shit at?

I've never tried it either, but flying down a mountain on two planks of wood at 60 miles an hour without killing yourself must be a piece of piss.
Chess, we should do better at board games.
You're literally only moving pieces of wood. How hard can it be?

Skiing is a sport where all you do is go down a hill as quickly as you can, it cant be that hard but the british are shit at it. Also Ski Jumping, Walking, Speed climbing and Fencing. Four sports you'd expect us brits to be decent at, particularly Speed climbing but we're shit.
There is a reason the Scandanavians are good at downhill skiing and we are not. They have big mountians with gauranteed snow and we don't.

There is a reason Australians are better at swimming than us. Their entire population lives on the coast with warm sea water temperatures.

As a sporting nation the reality is we punch massively above our weight right across the spectrum.
I've never tried it either, but flying down a mountain on two planks of wood at 60 miles an hour without killing yourself must be a piece of piss.

You're literally only moving pieces of wood. How hard can it be?
The building of stone henge was literally only moving pieces of rock. How hard can it be? ;)
Those who masterminded the building of Stone Henge probably had the same sort of intelect as a chess grandmaster.

Last edited:
We do miles better at skiing than we should do tbh. Our highest mountain is a mere foothill to the proper winter sports countries like Austria, Switzerland, USA, France, Germany, Norway, Italy. The likes of Japan, Canada, China, Korea all have hundreds of ski resorts compared to our small half dozen in Scotland. And yet, Izzy Atkin won an Olympic bronze in 2018, while Dave Ryding has won World Cup events. It’s like Jamaica having a bobsleigh team - they’ve no right to even be close to winning owt really. I reckon it’s that plucky British, never say die Dunkirk spirit 😉

Back