Earliest and best Christmas gaming memories

Amiga 500 with Lemmings bundled in for Christmas in 1991(I think)

The only year my parents ever had any kind of money in my whole childhood and they spent it on me and my brothers gaming 🥲

I was 10ish. I opened a present and it was a SNES game. I didn't own a SNES, so turned to my dad, tears in my eyes, "b-but Dad I don't have a Nintendo I have an Amiga :cry:". He gans, "Well I didn't know! Just open the next one". I open the next one, it's only a bloody Super Nintendo!

He asked, laughing, "Are you disappointed, Son?". I replied, "NO DAD I'M POINTED!".

Every xmas after he would say, "Are you pointed Son?" :lol:

Pole position on the Atari 2600. Best Christmas present ever.

Probably responsible for a lifelong love of racing games.

Still can’t resist them, currently 150 hours into Gran Turismo 7 on the PS5, which is absolutely brilliant.

Earliest was getting a second hand Spectrum. Those rubber keys :cool:

Too many to choose from for best, as from ages 10-16 I got a computer/console every Christmas i.e C64 to PS1.

Got an amstrad cpc-464 when I was 8 (I think). Remember setting it up on the coffee table as it had its own monitor too. Games took 15 minutes to load, but that just became part of the experience, probably leading to even more enjoyment from the absolutely solid platform games like ghosts and goblins.

My earliest gaming memory was getting a Spectrum+2 with attached tape player. Games like Manic Miner, Matchday 2 etc.

But my best memory was probably getting a Megadrive with Sonic the Hedgehog 1989/90 ish. closely followed by getting an Amiga a couple of years later with Sensi Soccer, and Alien Breed.

Earliest memory is getting time crisis, with the gun.
Don't really remember playing much on the spectrum or mega drive but I did have them.

And playing worms but giving them ridiculous names like shit biscuits and donkey cock.

I was a big fan of Bottom and absolutely shouldn't have been watching it at that age.

Ps2. Was only last year my mam and dad told me my dad took it off the back of a delivery lorry he was working on because they where sold out everywhere. After that, probably getting a telescope off my Nana the year we lost her. Brilliant memories.

First one I vividly remember is getting my N64 in 1997 and playing Lylat Wars, Super Mario and GoldenEye. I remember at the time thinking, “Wow, these graphics are amazing. It’s like watching real life. They won’t ever get better than this.” :lol:

First one I vividly remember is getting my N64 in 1997 and playing Lylat Wars, Super Mario and GoldenEye. I remember at the time thinking, “Wow, these graphics are amazing. It’s like watching real life. They won’t ever get better than this.” :lol:
I remember saying that for the first Smackdown wrestling game

I still say that every time a new gen comes out.

Xmas 1984, unwrapping a ZX Spectrum 48k and the games six pack- Make a chip, Horace goes skiing, Survival, Chess, Scrabble and Chequered flag- but I also received Atic Atac, Jetpac and Lunar jetman which offset the rubbish free games. Plugging a Quickshot II in and waiting for the game to load was tense

First 'computer' was a SInclair ZX81. We used to program our games from magazines, if there were bugs you'd have to try and sort them yourself our wait for the next edition of the mag!

First console was Atari 2600 but it was connected to the only tele in the house, in the sitting room, so I'd have to wait before I could play

Commodore 64 is still my favourite. Fantastic bit of kit

I'm still gaming (PC) as I head towards 60

Back