Earbud recommendations

I'm an Android chap so have a pair of the Pixel bubs which are excellent but I also have a cheap £20 pair off Amazon which have a hook which goes behind the ear which I use when flying as they are more secure and I wouldn't want to lose my good ones on the plane where there is too much chance of them falling out and disappearing.

The only decent thing about the apple ones is the find my function otherwise you can get better quality for a lot cheaper, I went with Cambridge audio melomania for £100. This is the newer ones. Excellent quality, my only gripe is they aren't noise cancelling

Sound quality with these is superb, I have the originals and nothing else I've tried comes close.

I've got some Jabra Elite 7 active, think they have been superceded by the 8 active now. Sound is great and they don't move when you put them in properly. Got them for running

I have tried a pair of cheap ones but they wouldn't stay in my ears.

Is this just a feature of cheap buds and can I expect more expensive pairs to fit snugly?
Depends on your lugs. My AirPods Pro would not stay in my left ear, right one was fine. Eventually sorted when they brought the new generation out which had extra small buds. Aren't meant to be used with the old ones but they work fine.
Still wouldn't be 100% confident if I went out running wearing them.

The only decent thing about the apple ones is the find my function otherwise you can get better quality for a lot cheaper, I went with Cambridge audio melomania for £100. This is the newer ones. Excellent quality, my only gripe is they aren't noise cancelling

I’ve left mine in NYC earlier this week (aye, looook at meeeeeeeee!)….find my function is currently showing them last seen in Hilton Midtown :)

Accepted that they ain’t coming home and need replacing

Anker Liberty 3 Pro .

I paid £80 for them, they are back up at £110.

Noise cancelling and very comfortable to wear.

I don't see the point on spending anymore as even with the HD codecs, it still just a bluetooth connection.

Back