Earbud recommendations

Anker Liberty 3 Pro .

I paid £80 for them, they are back up at £110.

Noise cancelling and very comfortable to wear.

I don't see the point on spending anymore as even with the HD codecs, it still just a bluetooth connection.
Not true though, we've had aptx on android for a while now but yes those buds will still be decent for the majority

Aptx is better than standard Bluetooth but it's still not lossless.

TBF I only really use my earbuds for podcasts so makes little or no difference.

My old wired earbuds have died and I’m now on the market for a new pair - an upgrade to something wireless.

I use an iPhone so am I best off going for apple airpods or are there better alternatives out there?

I’d like something with a bit of noise cancellation and naturally good sound quality.

Budget - nothing over £500.

Many thanks.
B&O.

I'm assuming you're after something wireless/bluetooth/portable.

If you're after in-ears, the AirPods Pro 2 are excellent considering you're in the Apple ecosystem.

If you're after some over-ear ones, The Bose QuietComforts are getting very good reviews. The AirPods Max aren't the best value for money option.

John Lewis stock them and have a good selection from what I can see.

Also have a nice looking pair of Bowers & Wilkins + AirPod Pro’s on at a good price.

I think you get a 2yr warranty with JL.
I'm assuming you're after something wireless/bluetooth/portable.

If you're after in-ears, the AirPods Pro 2 are excellent considering you're in the Apple ecosystem.

If you're after some over-ear ones, The Bose QuietComforts are getting very good reviews. The AirPods Max aren't the best value for money option.

Yes, in ears with preferably noise cancellation.

I have a pair of over ears Bose QuietComforts already and they’re excellent but I use them for home use only, not when out and about.

Last edited:

Also have a nice looking pair of Bowers & Wilkins + AirPod Pro’s on at a good price.

I have a pair of over ears Bose QuietComforts already and they’re excellent but I use them for home use only, not when out and about.
I don't think you can go wrong with the AirPods Pro 2 to be honest. The Find My feature has bailed me out a couple of times already.

I use mine mainly for TEAMS & ZOOM calls and meetings. Found the AirPods not to be great so switched. The B&O are good for that. Noise cancelling is also pretty decent. Not at level of the over ear ones I use for flights etc but still decent enough.

Moscow duty free
My old wired earbuds have died and I’m now on the market for a new pair - an upgrade to something wireless.

I use an iPhone so am I best off going for apple airpods or are there better alternatives out there?

I’d like something with a bit of noise cancellation and naturally good sound quality.

Many thanks.
Moscow duty free next time you're passing.👌

I don't see the point on spending anymore as even with the HD codecs, it still just a bluetooth connection.

This really.

It does not matter how much you spend on earphones or headphones if you are listening to an mp3 file via a bluetooth connection, as the sound quality is already severely capped. Spending hundreds upon hundreds on the earphones cannot improve the quality of the source. So it's only worth spending the big money on headphones for use with proper hifi kit.

Last edited:

Many thanks.
Wireless headphones are actually a downgrade. Won’t elaborate.

Many thanks.
Look at me £500 cheapos 🙄
Jabra Elite 85t, tremendous sound and noise cancellation is amazing
Cant go past Jabra and no need to spend 500 bar

I use mine mainly for TEAMS & ZOOM calls and meetings. Found the AirPods not to be great so switched. The B&O are good for that. Noise cancelling is also pretty decent. Not at level of the over ear ones I use for flights etc but still decent enough.

I’ve had B&O products before (speakers) and they are superb but I’ll be using new wireless earbuds just for when I’m out and about listening to podcasts, music and YouTube.

I have tried a pair of cheap ones but they wouldn't stay in my ears.

Is this just a feature of cheap buds and can I expect more expensive pairs to fit snugly?
I've had the same problem but got round it by wearing a beanie. Maybe not for everyone but it keeps them in.

Back