Durham Vs Northants - 13th Aug 2023 - One Day Cup

Yes.

I’d disagree considerably with this. We’ve still been largely competitive in this competition despite the fact we’re missing several players.

Show me a team in world sport who doesn’t see a drop off beyond their starting XI (or 6, or 13, or 15 etc, sport depending). This competition was always going to be about who felt the effects of the 16.4 robbing their players less.

Win on Thursday against a very inexperienced Somerset and we’re at the very least in the mix for the latter stages with two away games left to go.
Yes,a simple compromise would be to limit each counties losses to 4 players. There are 72 county players drafted into the Hundred 18x4=72.
That would make losses equable; surprised the counties haven't fought for that.

Which is way I said the first 11 is great but none of the young players with bat or ball have done much I see a future maybe for Bushnell and Drissell.

But the rest of the youngsters have struggled badly.

Bushnell and Drissell, plus Trev, Coggs and the five that are away. That's 9 bowlers. You can't expect anyone, even Slurrey, to carry more established bowlers than that. Glover, Killa Jnr, Robinson etc shouldn't be leaned on too heavily at this stage.

We're light because we've been crippled by farcical 16.4.

I was away on Sunday so missed the game.

Why did we play on a used wicket with an Indian batsman opening after he'd just scored 244.

Not to mention our own batsman are terrible on non flat wickets.

Back