Durham Vs Northants - 13th Aug 2023 - One Day Cup

I'm pleased that the general public in attendance on Friday didn't witness today's performance. Now that's out of the way, I thought Shaw delivered a masterclass in hitting the ball in the air whilst avoiding fielders.

DURHAM 2023 ONE DAY CUP STATS AFTER NORTHANTS:

Most Runs - Graham Clark - 253 (+13)
Most Wickets - Liam Trevaskis - 8 (+0)
Most Maidens - Liam Trevaskis - 1 (+0) , Luke Robinson - 1 (+0)
Most Overs Bowled - George Drissell - 33.4 (+6.4)
32 Wickets - 18 Catches (56%) - 6 LBW (19%) - 5 Bowled (16%) - 3 Stumpings (9%) - 0 Run Out (0%)
Most 4’s - Graham Clark - 34 (+2)
Most 6’s - David Bedingham - 8 (+0)
Tosses - Won 3 - Lost 1
Runs Scored - 1234 (+198)
Avg 1st inns Score - 309 (-36)
Results - Won 2 - Lost 2 - NR - 1

MILESTONES
  • BEST BOWLING FIGURES - DRISSELL 3/46
I like this stats thing you do Dan

appreciated 👍
May be a daft question. I can't commit to attending on Thursday until very late on Wednesday. Will it be possible to pay on the gate?
Yes or just go to the ticket site and they send an email ticket to use

@Hettonlass could you post up that ticket site link you did the other day please

Last edited:
It is what it is today. As I've kept saying, we're on a long road to recovery after the damage done in recent years and it's still remarkable how well we are doing in the county championship. It's going to take time and I'm content to allow time with the white ball game. That however today was unacceptable and I hope it's a one off as I've seen good signs overall in this competition so far. I was baffled by some of the captaincy today. Borthwick went for 24 off one over yet got another over whilst Bushnell had gone for 2 runs from 2 overs and was only used for 3, overs in which he got a wicket in his third over. Northants bowled very well and batted well. McKinney is a concern have to be honest. See how we go on Thursday I guess.

At the recent meeting Campbell put great emphasis on how he wanted Durham to dominate all three formats of the game and not just red ball but he must realise after a performance like the one today that it's going to be an uphill struggle with the white ball format. He was asked about Mackintosh's omission and said it was to do with the balance of the team but he would be assessing the situation after a few games and I think its time to make some changes.

From what I've seen of him in the 2nds this season Ive been quite impressed with McKinney but it looks like he is really struggling in this competition. I would give him a rest and give Mackintosh the gloves and let Clarky concentrate on his batting.

As for the bowling? - Well the way things are going I doubt we'll see any of the 16.4 bench warmers being released from the Snack Franchises and from what I heard,even if they were, there would be no guarantee that they would actually turn out for us.

Last edited:
May be a daft question. I can't commit to attending on Thursday until very late on Wednesday. Will it be possible to pay on the gate?

Yes.
It’s highlighting what we knew already decent first 11 not a lot underneath. Would not of mattered what we scored the way their opener has played 2 games 370 plus runs off about 230 balls.

I’d disagree considerably with this. We’ve still been largely competitive in this competition despite the fact we’re missing several players.

Show me a team in world sport who doesn’t see a drop off beyond their starting XI (or 6, or 13, or 15 etc, sport depending). This competition was always going to be about who felt the effects of the 16.4 robbing their players less.

Win on Thursday against a very inexperienced Somerset and we’re at the very least in the mix for the latter stages with two away games left to go.

Last edited:
It’s highlighting what we knew already decent first 11 not a lot underneath. Would not of mattered what we scored the way their opener has played 2 games 370 plus runs off about 230 balls.
Harsh considering that we've lost the entire first choice bowling unit. The young seamers aren't ready, only really Bushnell that's impressed so far.

Potts, Carse, Raine, de Leede and Sowter would transform this side.

Harsh considering that we've lost the entire first choice bowling unit. The young seamers aren't ready, only really Bushnell that's impressed so far.

Potts, Carse, Raine, de Leede and Sowter would transform this side.
Which is way I said the first 11 is great but none of the young players with bat or ball have done much I see a future maybe for Bushnell and Drissell.

But the rest of the youngsters have struggled badly.

Back