Durham Vs Derbyshire - Friday 11th August - Free Entry

Been busy today so missed a lot of play. But been following in Cricinfo

Haway Durham feared the worst with the Bedders wicket and then when they were going along very well.

But chasing 300+ losing wickets just changes the game as we saw against Worcs. A game we should have won.

A cracking day, a brilliant crowd and a wonderful win :cool:

Completely forgot he’d played for us :eek:

Only gamble what you can afford to lose ;).
I loved it branners. I had to pull away around 4pm as the heat had got to much for me but the atmosphere and great play I witnessed was brilliant

I’m shattered now back home, It feels like I bowled 20 overs and scored a fifty

For a match where all our top bowlers are unavailable to us and where Madsen is suddenly made available to them, I figured it was written in the stars that it would be Madsen who would put us to the sword and break our hearts.

well not today, mister

Thoroughly enjoyed that… but got a £25 fine for mounting a kerb in the car park and not using a designated bay. Harsh when there are no marked bays and the back section is an open field!

Well done DCCC anyway.

Really entertaining day's cricket - Would be lovely if some of the people there today for the first time are inspired to come back again. Full credit to Durham for the fight back as I thought Derbyshire were nailed on to win at one stage.
I would like to make an announcement. As the not so proud owner of the "James Franklin Thread Starter Loser Award" sponsored by @The Red Telephone I hearby declare I'm vacating the title and someone else can have it. I'm bowing out for now on a winning high. :lol:
After today's win you've had a stay of execution.
Get the Northants thread started now :lol:

Last edited:
Great day out in the sun. Great result as well, with Derbyshire ahead of the game throughout the 2nd innings. Despite them going at 7 an over, the constant loss of wickets was a huge problem.

We won that by taking regular wickets. Everytime a batsman got set we got them out soon after. That’s something we’ve never really been good at and I certainly didn’t expect with a severely depleted line up.

I loved it branners. I had to pull away around 4pm as the heat had got to much for me but the atmosphere and great play I witnessed was brilliant

I’m shattered now back home, It feels like I bowled 20 overs and scored a fifty

Should’ve gone owa the other end! Was lovely and cool in the shade with a breeze. So much so the little’un had to wear my jacket :lol:

For some reason safari on iPad was blocking access to that for me
Should’ve gone owa the other end! Was lovely and cool in the shade with a breeze. So much so the little’un had to wear my jacket :lol:
I should have. Absolutely drained . What a great game though today and the weather was glorious
Thoroughly enjoyed that… but got a £25 fine for mounting a kerb in the car park and not using a designated bay. Harsh when there are no marked bays and the back section is an open field!

Well done DCCC anyway.
I did notice a couple of cars have tickets on them when I was going back to mine. I very nearly parked like that as well. Phew , I was right on the back field area

Last edited:
We won that by taking regular wickets. Everytime a batsman got set we got them out soon after. That’s something we’ve never really been good at and I certainly didn’t expect with a severely depleted line up.

I thought we were maybe 20 short at halfway, the pitch looked flat as owt and there was plenty of runs out there with that short boundary - but clearly the sheer weight of runs we did score meant it was a very tough ask for them given the regular wickets falling as you say.

When I looked at the teamsheets I thought their batting looked very strong, it doesn’t appear that they’ve been hampered very much at all by the 16.4, as for us, just like in the T20 campaign I feel we are atleast a number 1 bowler down. Possibly even two new ball bowlers.

Was impressed by Bushy’s bowling, the way he bowls actually looks like the ball picks up pace after the bounce. I like the three spin option lineup too, even if that might not be sustainable long term. Mind, given Borthwick’s struggles with the bat against the white ball since Jesus was a lad I actually thought he’d have been the ideal number 5 or 6 today when wickets were falling just to steady things and rotate because I do feel like that’s something he is actually good at in this format.

Wish I could have gone today. Glad to hear there was a decent crowd. How many in approx?
5000 or so . The car parks were heaving

my arms are as red as lobster claws. The heat today was not quite that odi last year, but getting towards there

Last edited:

Well done DCCC anyway.

That is very harsh that mind. Worth contesting? Given the sheer volume of cars there today I expect they’d have made enough money on expired tickets to not have to resort to technicalities.
I would like to make an announcement. As the not so proud owner of the "James Franklin Thread Starter Loser Award" sponsored by @The Red Telephone I hearby declare I'm vacating the title and someone else can have it. I'm bowing out for now on a winning high. :lol:

That’s not how it works and you know it ;).

Back