Durham v Yorkshire one day cup Friday 18/5/2018

I came away after 3 overs of the Durham reply...the first time I've done this in 27 seasons of membership.
Absolute pitiful bowling and it looks as if the batting reply is even worse than I imagined .

What a disgrace of an effort this is. Sent round for 300+ then not even attempting to go for it. Next to no chance of qualifying straight away with the state of the Net RR

Demolition. Bowling attack was weak today, no threat medium pace and no decent spinner. Unfortunately it’s where we are....can’t compete with the big boys wages and squads

Yep, agreed. Quicker we accept that, the better really. Bizarrely I think we'll really miss not having Burnham in the side this season - especially in the pyjama cricket.

We're rebuilding on and off the field, it's going to take a lot of work before we're competing with the likes of Yorkshire and Notts again I'm afraid.

Get yourself back hyem marra, save yourself more punishment :eek:
Still here, good craic. Manchester on Sunday, at least the forecast is good. Seriously pitiful this from Durham

Potts looks decent with the bat

David Harker on the pitch still hanging about like a bad smell. Wish he would fuck off

Last edited:
Well that was dreadful, one of the poorest Durham sides I have seen for a good 15/20 years. I thought we would be ok this season without actually doing much but wow that looked back to the bad old days of the 1990s.
That was a bang average Yorkshire side and we made them look a quality outfit. Some very strange decisions made as well with the bowling and batting line up as well.

Is there anything worse at cricket than loud mouthed pissed Yorkshire "fans"?? 3 of them just near us, 2 with their tops off.
I take you where on the top level of the double decker next to the old scoreboard. I have never known a one day match against them with so few Yorkies there and they are still a pain in the backside.

Last edited:
I take you where on the top level of the double decker next to the old scoreboard. I have never known a one day match against them with so few Yorkies there and they are still a pain in the backside.
Not just me that can't be arsed with Gale and Moxon's Yorkshire then although the timing probably put a few off especially if they weren't driving.

Well that was dreadful, one of the poorest Durham sides I have seen for a good 15/20 years. I thought we would be ok this season without actually doing much but wow that looked back to the bad old days of the 1990s.
That was a bang average Yorkshire side and we made them look a quality outfit. Some very strange decisions made as well with the bowling and batting line up as well.

Little bit further along, but they were annoying. Pissed up, tops off, not the slightest bit interested in the game.

We had to move at one point away from 4 p155heads at the top of the lower tier of the County Durham Stand who sounded like they wete from Sunderland but supporting Yorkshire. I'm glad I wasn't there with my mates or it would have got a bit interesting.

This is what people were saying after the kent drubbing but then we had that cracking win against leicester, a canny showing against derby but now another loss and it's back to being the worst side in 20 years, love a good knee jerk me :lol::lol:

Win on sunday and we'll be like the west indies of the 80s :cool:

Back