Durham v Yorkshire one day cup Friday 18/5/2018

S

stephen cartwright

Live on sky as well, both main event and sky cricket from 155pm

Even booting the IPL to skysports mix.

Will the likes of Bairstow and root be involved?

I hope they make them change by the side of the pitch, back stabbing gets.
What are you referring to mate? Been too engrossed in our shit to take any notice of what "we" (or our clueless, arrogant board more to the point) have done to you.

Anyway easy start for you lot. And according to our esteemed coach Cheap Option Gale we're only using this comp to get our batsmen back into form after 2-3 years of the same shite being repeated most weeks.

What are you referring to mate? Been too engrossed in our shit to take any notice of what "we" (or our clueless, arrogant board more to the point) have done to you.

Anyway easy start for you lot. And according to our esteemed coach Cheap Option Gale we're only using this comp to get our batsmen back into form after 2-3 years of the same shite being repeated most weeks.
The chairman graves. Mind you, having been amongst Yorkshire fans, they are very one eyed whilst watching a match.

The chairman graves. Mind you, having been amongst Yorkshire fans, they are very one eyed whilst watching a match.
Like that is it. Tarring me with that brush. Probably wessie ***** you sat with. And us from the East Riding despise them just as much as anyone.

Graves in his role as ECB top dog you mean. Ie fuck all to do with Yorkshire?

Last edited:
Graves in his role as ECB top do you mean. Ie fuck all to do with Yorkshire?
I think it is just coincidental that Yorkshire got a franchise and that above Leeds is not worthy to expand the cricket gospel.

It was coincidental that Durham were removed from holding tests, despite having a third of the debt Yorkshire had.

The points reductions and prize money retention was purely made to help Durham prosper and build up their cricket fanbase.

Now Yorkshire will get tests, without having to compete with Durham anymore.

Anymore unrelated coincidences involving graves?

Graves in his role as ECB top dog you mean. Ie fuck all to do with Yorkshire?
Apart from removing Durham from the roll of test venues, thus strengthening Yorkshire’s, and his, financial position. Then controlling Durham’s payroll so Durham will be in a weaker position when trying to develop young, Northern talent.

I think it is very hard to divide Graves’ actions as FTECB chairman from the direct benefit to his county in which he has over £20m invested.

Test matches and franchise shite means fuck all to the average Yorkshire member. If Graves truly wants Yorkshire to be successful can he sack the clowns in charge at board level and the coaching staff?

Apart from removing Durham from the roll of test venues, thus strengthening Yorkshire’s, and his, financial position. Then controlling Durham’s payroll so Durham will be in a weaker position when trying to develop young, Northern talent.

I think it is very hard to divide Graves’ actions as FTECB chairman from the direct benefit to his county in which he has over £20m invested.
If he is still playing in 2020, I predict stokes will be part of the franchise at Yorkshire, where he will be tapped up to the hilt, to get him to sign for Yorkshire county.

Also this will happen to any other decent players Durham develop in the coming years.

Said it before but will say it again, these franchises will lead to a collapse of a few counties, deemed unworthy and a centralisation of all decent players across those counties will end up at the 8.

Would love to know why giving the franchises to grounds that already mostly sell out, is going to attract new customers.

Surely it should have been pushed at the counties who don't sell out to increase the customer base?

Can you separate your hatred of Yorkshire from the franchise shite please. We're as against it as anyone else.

And no Bairstow and Root won't be involved. Good news for you after what he did in this comp last year.

Last edited:
Can you separate your hatred of Yorkshire from the franchise shite please. We're as against it as anyone else.

And no Bairstow and Root won't be involved. Good news for you after what he did in this comp last year.
No, I don't hate Yorkshire. But I do hate some of their fans and graves.

Some of their comment last year at the T20 would have led to full on punch ups if some of them had not been moved away.

I've also got a mate who goes to games at headingley , with his son and his mother, who were punched and spat on, during one T20 game.

Apart from that, good news root and Bairstow must be shagged out before being whisked away for england

Some of their comment last year at the T20 would have led to full on punch ups if some of them had not been moved away.

I've also got a mate who goes to games at headingley , with his son and his mother, who were punched and spat on, during one T20 game.
Please say they were on the western terrace? Not that it makes it any better but if it happened anywhere else in the ground I'd be even more disgusted. When I can be arsed with the T20s I make sure I get there early and sit in the members stand. Get a lot of Leeds and Sheffield Scum of both varieties turning up for those.

Please say they were on the western terrace? Not that it makes it any better but if it happened anywhere else in the ground I'd be even more disgusted. When I can be arsed with the T20s I make sure I get there early and sit in the members stand.
They were I did advise him not to go there, but he is from Stockton and supports Middlesbrough so took no notice

Forgive my rants about Yorkshire lads. I know you don't give a toss. :lol: Gives me somewhere to vent with no Gale disciples jumping down me throat! And I know it's nowt compared to Durham but as Sunderland fans I'm sure you wouldn't take kindly to Hartlepool or Darlo fans saying "think you're shit? try being us" ;)

I used to follow Yorkshire before our first class days and consequently still have (had) a bit of interest in their results, since retiring (early) four years ago and becoming a member at Durham I've had the *pleasure* of being in the presence of Yorkshire supporters both at Chester le Street and at Headingley and I'd like to say that I've never come across a more obnoxious bunch of people in my life, the spirit of cricket is not alive in Yorkshire.
Compare this to days I've experienced at New Road, Canterbury, Grace Road, Arundel and even Old Trafford and the experience couldn't be more different.

I used to follow Yorkshire before our first class days and consequently still have (had) a bit of interest in their results, since retiring (early) four years ago and becoming a member at Durham I've had the *pleasure* of being in the presence of Yorkshire supporters both at Chester le Street and at Headingley and I'd like to say that I've never come across a more obnoxious bunch of people in my life, the spirit of cricket is not alive in Yorkshire.
Compare this to days I've experienced at New Road, Canterbury, Grace Road, Arundel and even Old Trafford and the experience couldn't be more different.
Again, Wessies no doubt. I guarantee you wouldn't get that if you sat with Scarborough folk, or if we still played in Hull, Middlesbrough.

Back