Durham v Worcester (one day cup)

Only got ourselves to blame TBF. We knew the weather forecast and how wanky DLS works before the game started.

Two games on the spin, we needed Bancroft to dig us out of the problem left by tentative opening batting. We need a pinch hitter up top.

Lees was unbeaten on 50 :rolleyes:

DLS is often a farce, this is one of those times.

It’s based on the statistical likelihood of what a par score is

Let’s be honest. 114-4 was hardly a match winning position

It wasn’t, but from there we could’ve got ourselves into one - we had a lad unbeaten on 50 and a few lads to come who can give it a bit tap.

For them to be given a cake walk makes it a complete farce, the game was basically won at the toss.

Last edited:
Lees was unbeaten on 50 :rolleyes:

DLS is often a farce, this is one of those times.

It wasn’t, but from there we could’ve got ourselves into one - we had a lad unbeaten on 50 and a few lads to come who can give it a bit tap.

For them to be given a cake walk makes it a complete farce, the game was basically won at the toss.
Yeah, but we were behind the game

And it’s a better system than anything else

Yeah, but we were behind the game

And it’s a better system than anything else

I’m not doubting either of those points, but whilst we may have been behind in the game, we had 22 more overs with six wickets in hand to do something about it. We may have only limped to 200, but it’s harder for a team to score 200 than it is for them to make 152.

Last edited:
Motoring along at a run every other ball....

Clark and Steel made 38 off the power play. On Friday, it was something paltry like 18, an accident waiting to happen.

It isn’t T20 though, 38 off the powerplay isn’t the end of the world when you’ve got 40 more overs to make amends.

Don’t forget we won on Friday, so that completely undermines your own point.

I’m not doubting either of those points, but whilst we may have been behind in the game, we had 22 more overs with six wickets in hand to do something about it. We may have only limped to 200, but it’s harder for a team to score 200 than it is for them to make 152.

We've got a long tail. I doubt we'd have managed much over 220-230.

It isn’t T20 though, 38 off the powerplay isn’t the end of the world when you’ve got 40 more overs to make amends.

Don’t forget we won on Friday, so that completely undermines your own point.

Pointless argument seeing as the player who won that match was already out, and helped by a batsman who wasn't playing today. No way our tail was amassing 300

And if we'd looked at the weather forecast it would have been immediately obvious we didn't have another 40 overs.

Wessels out. Time to make a game of it?

Last edited:
I was reading the BBC scores apparently wrongly ,there were 10 overs gone and the website at first site said 81 to win off 12 overs and they were 7o or so for three
The score at first glance was misleading

What are bowling restrictions in a reduced game?

In other words, can we take Harte off the buffet and bring Carse back on?

Back