Durham v Worcester (one day cup)

I'd stick with the team as is assuming they don't think any bowlers need resting.

Some big scores around at the moment, all the teams Durham have played this season in RLC and CC have done well.

I don't know how Clark and Lees keep getting picked.

Harte for Lees would give that sixth option- and strengthen the batting on current form. Also rotate the bowling with Rushy and possibly Woody replacing Carse and Potts.

Why would you drop those two? Carse was fantastic with the new ball against Leicestershire and Potts was probably our best seamer over the last two games.

Raine would be the one to miss out, based on his bowling, but he will play because of his outstanding fielding in the last game.

Moot point anyway, I would preserve Rushworth's fitness for the CC and ECB won't let Wood play.

Harte for Lees, definitely. I'd also take a punt on Eckersley for Clark, as pinch hitter: Steel and Clark squandered the powerplay against Leics.

Last edited:
I dont expect Rushy to play many one day games, if any. They seem very keen for him to spearhead the 4 day stuff, so looking to manage his workload.

I don't know how Clark and Lees keep getting picked.

Why would you drop those two? Carse was fantastic with the new ball against Leicestershire and Potts was probably our best seamer over the last two games.

Raine would be the one to miss out, based on his bowling, but he will play because of his outstanding fielding in the last game.

Moot point anyway, I would preserve Rushworth's fitness for the CC and ECB won't let Wood play.

Harte for Lees, definitely. I'd also take a punt on Eckersley for Clark, as pinch hitter: Steel and Clark squandered the powerplay against Leics.
as I said in my post, I'd rest them not drop them.

Pitch inspection at 4.15. BBC Hereford and Worcester are playing ABBA.

Play to restart at 5pm. Worcestershire to slog at some arbitrary DLS total.

Last edited:
Only got ourselves to blame TBF. We knew the weather forecast and how wanky DLS works before the game started.

Two games on the spin, we needed Bancroft to dig us out of the problem left by tentative opening batting. We need a pinch hitter up top.

Back