Durham v Students, Riverside 26-28th March

Certainly seems that way, given the forecast for today it’s clearly going to end in a draw but I think Campbell will be fairly happy with the time spent in the middle for most of the lads.

We’ve got Yorkshire at the weekend from memory, think it’s one of them 2-day jobs on Saturday and Sunday where I expect we’ll see a side resembling what we can expect will lineup against Hampfrica next Friday. Mind it’ll likely be another 13/14 player affair with unlimited wickets for the batting side.
I think the Yorkshire game will confirm our intended batting line up for the start of the campaign especially top 3.

I reckon Jones has just one more chance to keep his place for Hants. If he falls early against Yorks, I think he might see the skip take his place. Assuming Bedders is back, of course

I thought George bowled pretty well in this game from what I could see. It was only in his last few overs, with the prospect of a 5fer on the horizon and with time running out, that he went for a few runs, so perhaps he was trying a bit too hard. Other than that, he had a good game

I thought George bowled pretty well in this game from what I could see. It was only in his last few overs, with the prospect of a 5fer on the horizon and with time running out, that he went for a few runs, so perhaps he was trying a bit too hard. Other than that, he had a good game

7-71 in the match, very respectable return that.

That uni opening bowler Taylor-hyphen left arm over. He looked pretty repspectable, hit a good length and got Jones lbw second ball. apparently he was on the Durham pathway but wasn't picked up, maybe because he wanted to go with the Uni.

That uni opening bowler Taylor-hyphen left arm over. He looked pretty repspectable, hit a good length and got Jones lbw second ball. apparently he was on the Durham pathway but wasn't picked up, maybe because he wanted to go with the Uni.
VERY injury prone. Was released at 18/19 I think at the same time as Robbie Dawson and a few others. Taylor-Clarke didn’t set the world alight at Academy or 2nd team level.

Good run out for Durham but thought the uni were very impressive at times. Gorantla, Whaits, Fallows the standouts for me. 3 young cricketers in the area we would be daft to not be taking a look at

Back