Durham v Northants (T20 Blast)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enjoyed it more than Friday. Thought we could have won if we'd ran better in the last two overs and fielded better . Stuck at 1 a few times when they could have got 2. Should have caught the guy early on and could have stopped a few boundaries.

i enjoyed the game and weather. As Marko states, we have three potential bowlers and two quality batsmen playing for England

no overseas either. As for the performance i thought 161 was a decent effort but we scored 1 off two free hits and 0 off the last two balls

then the unbelievable dolly drop of duckett virtually won the game for them and to be fair they are the champs and totally priortise t20

still roll on to 20 July on sky and hopefully another enjoyable game

the mrs managed to crochet 6, four inch squares, whilst keeping an eye on the match

had a bit of a confrontation in the car park, which i resolved by speaking my finest English and wishing the gentleman a happy Christmas

overall 8/10

The bairn was one of the disinterested kids so I had to take her home with 10 overs left. Durham seemed to be coasting at that point and pegging Northants back a bit. Judging by this thread they must have been toying with us earlier on

It was a frustrating game for all the reasons stated above. We always seemed to be coming up short in all aspects of the game. Although there were a couple of good points like the Burnham/Colly partnership.

Sat in the County Durham Upper for the first half but got sick of the inane "banter" from the boring mob from Greenside (or the Greenside Army as they liked to call themselves) and the 4 Northants fans dressed as Mexicans. The verbal version of watching paint dry.

t20 fans are bellends.

lets face it, if this is the future of cricket i want no part in it, i'll just stick with watching whitburn.

FTECB

Have not been to either match but got a text of a Riverside regular after todays match who said "we look like a 2nd eleven"

it literally is tbf.

hickey and clark opening is hardly our fist choice team.

in no way do i mean to disrespect any of the players on show but with many missing through england selection, injury or just returning from injury it is a pretty pieced together side.

if latham was fit then starting with hickey to open and clark somewhere more suited to him 3/4/5 it looks alot better and less of a huge ask to chuck hickey into the team, it would be nice to bring in one or two players at a time to a settled side rather than a new opening pair, arshad and weighell back after being out so long, weighell only started t20 this season, with a new captain , poynter not in good nick...

given the circumstances maybe sticking with colly to captain and giving richardson the gloves would make us more competitive but then maybe we're thinking for the future rather than the present, blame FTECB for that

Last edited:
t20 fans are bellends.

lets face it, if this is the future of cricket i want no part in it, i'll just stick with watching whitburn.

FTECB

it literally is tbf.

hickey and clark opening is hardly our fist choice team.

in no way do i mean to disrespect any of the players on show but with many missing through england selection, injury or just returning from injury it is a pretty pieced together side.

if latham was fit then starting with hickey to open and clark somewhere more suited to him 3/4/5 it looks alot better and less of a huge ask to chuck hickey into the team, it would be nice to bring in one or two players at a time to a settled side rather than a new opening pair, arshad and weighell back after being out so long, weighell only started t20 this season, with a new captain , poynter not in good nick...

given the circumstances maybe sticking with colly to captain and giving richardson the gloves would make us more competitive but then maybe we're thinking for the future rather than the present, blame FTECB for that

After his fielding performance today I think I would trust Richardson with the gloves about as much as I would Theresa May delivering a strong and stable government.:eek:

Would it not make sense to farm the T20 out to South Gosforth,(or other of our former out grounds) much bigger potential catchment areas

South North only holds around 2,000, Durham had 5,200 at the Lancashire game. The club would be massively missing out financially if they did that.

Its a shame that South North is the biggest 'local' ground as an out-ground T20 could be great. Yorkshire at Scarborough and Lancs at Liverpool work well.

South North only holds around 2,000, Durham had 5,200 at the Lancashire game. The club would be massively missing out financially if they did that.

Its a shame that South North is the biggest 'local' ground as an out-ground T20 could be great. Yorkshire at Scarborough and Lancs at Liverpool work well.

Lancs played at Liverpool last week, charged £25!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back