Durham v Leicestershire +one day cup)

Funny some of the bedwetting like. I wasn't at the game albeit should have had them under 200.

But if under 250 you got to back a chase that you have to believe is achievable.

Well Bancroft is doing a hell of a job. Keep it up

I was at the game so you can fuck off with your bedwetting comments. 233 was actually a competitive total in the conditions. Klein had an outstanding game, with bat and ball.

Watching Bancroft these last two matches reminds me of Mike Hussey...I cant give him any higher praise than that.

Theres the old saying about you shouldnt change a winning team but Clark and Lees look out of sorts at present.

The good weather and the Bank Holiday brought out a fairly decent crowd...the only down side being a queue of over 60 for the ice cream van during the interval.:D

Onwards and upwards!

Just carry on as you were. Missing the game tomorrow unfortunately. Good luck lads

You wouldn't have recognised the Upper Tier today.There must have been a couple of hundred up there for the second innings.:eek:

Last edited:
We did a cracking job of letting them back in the match between Swindells getting out and Bancroft coming into bat. When Bancroft came in, they were in the driving seat. A lot of that was due to Carse's lousy second spell with the ball, shame considering how good he was with the new ball.

Raine fielded well but bowled poorly.

Potts and Trevaskis deserve huge credit for their age. Trevaskis probably our best bowler on balance.

Clark and Lees shouldn't play the next game, they're shocking. Get Cameron Steel and Harte in...? Maybe Eckersley as pinch hitter.
I would stick with Clark he was a bit unlucky to pull that ball straight to the fielder but he needs a score. I thought Raine bowled well until he started getting to funky and bowling all over the place. I agree with Carse after his opening spell his bowling was poor.

I was at the game so you can fuck off with your bedwetting comments. 233 was actually a competitive total in the conditions. Klein had an outstanding game, with bat and ball.
I was being tongue and cheek. You can't really give an opinion on any sport without watching it.

How did Salisbury bowl?

Pretty similar to the Northants game. His first couple of overs were expensive and went for about 18 then he settled into a groove.
He bowled 2 maidens which on that wicket took some doing.

I would stick with Clark he was a bit unlucky to pull that ball straight to the fielder but he needs a score. I thought Raine bowled well until he started getting to funky and bowling all over the place. I agree with Carse after his opening spell his bowling was poor.

Apart from one over where things went a bit strange I thought Durham's fielding was excellent today.
Bancroft certainly seems to have them on their toes and long may it continue.

Last edited:

Clark's wicket looked like he forgot there was a fielder at deep square leg. :D

good to hear membership of the upper tier elite is growing. All seriousness though just glad to hear we won, will help everyone

I was one of the casuals up there, had the sun all day

Last edited:
I'd still probably play rushworth ahead of him in one day cricket though
My interpretation of what's happening is that they trying to keep him fresh and fit for the championship - which is fine as far as I'm concerned, it's not like we're short of bowlers at present.

Expectations were pretty low to start with. Seems fine as a jobbing division 2 seamer but too dibbly dobbly to be anything more. His run up is practically a jog.
In the CC he was by far the 2nd best bowler in terms of wickets taken.

If, and its a big if, Carse and Potts stay fit, it could mean Salisbury drops out of the 1 day XI. He would definitely be in my CC team though.
Best chance of keeping them fit is rotating 4 from above 3 plus Rushy, Weighell and,occasionally, Woody.
Both in 1 day and CC.

Last edited:

Back