Durham v Leicestershire (A) T20 blast

Find the improvement in our T20 team for this season equally as impressive if not more so than that of our championship team tbh. Very impressed with the work the coaches have done to form a side recently, for all the stick they’ve taken over the past two seasons they deserve some credit. Won two very different games and both comprehensively in the end (by T20 standards)

Nobody does, but it’s an incredibly valuable commodity in T20 cricket is the ability to field well.

Great win, tough couple of fixtures coming up but if we split the next two we’re still in decent shape in the group.

We’re on telly on Thursday too.
Yes but his average of 11 by far negates his fielding

Sounded like Ned was getting a bit off them and started to give a bit back when the beamers came flying in. I think it's fair to say that Ned enjoyed that winning shot at the end....

And to be fair to Leics, if you'd have blown that you'd be pissed off.

I’m sure we’ll hear more later but it was all a bit odd. Seemed like most of the pushing was green on green.

That was my take on it as well. Wouldn't be surprised if Eckersley took some stick, thats just the way things are. But how Leicestershire blew it was just unbelievable. Some of the fielding was embarrassing by Club 3rdXI standards and that 19th over was absolute dog shit.

I’m sure we’ll hear more later but it was all a bit odd. Seemed like most of the pushing was green on green.
Just seen highlights of the final over and Eckersley is definitely shouting something in Leicestershire's general direction when he celebrates the winning hit.

Just seen highlights of the final over and Eckersley is definitely shouting something in Leicestershire's general direction when he celebrates the winning hit.
Not sure what happened on the field but Eckersley didn't leave Leicestershire under the happiest of circumstances. A little bit of emotion is ok as long as you can take it as well as dish it out.

Massive recovery to get the win but good to see how we've been in a pickle both games and still got two wins. Our bowling attack looks good and if we stop having these mini collapses we have a chance at giving ourselves a decent run this season.

Back