Durham v Lancs (a) T20

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the subject of Rushworth, more than happy the lad is given a break. The Championship is now a major priority. More than happy at present to give the squad a rotation. I do however have to query the decision to give Poynter the captaincy, I just don't get that at all

Shame about the result, albeit against a decent Lancashire team.
For me personally, my afternoon of T20 cricket was canny: seeing Hampshire lose their match against Kent, with consecutive sixes in the final over :p

On the subject of Rushworth, more than happy the lad is given a break. The Championship is now a major priority. More than happy at present to give the squad a rotation. I do however have to query the decision to give Poynter the captaincy, I just don't get that at all

I know its early doors but already his captaincy has seemed quite poor. His decisions on who bowls when and how many are questionable and even with the batting he seems to have given himself a bit of a free role, no offence to him but he doesn't have the ability to fit that role

Maybe they're short on options and he was our best performer with the at last year (of those who are still here and excluding Stokes).

Vitality Blast, 2018 - Durham Cricket Team Records & Stats | ESPNcricinfo.com

The alternatives would be a bowler. but who? We'd be talking Rushy *being rotated with CC as priority, same as last year), Rimmington (good in this format and pretty sure to play), Raine (but does he want it).

As always, you can only choose from those who are available and willing.

I know its early doors but already his captaincy has seemed quite poor. His decisions on who bowls when and how many are questionable and even with the batting he seems to have given himself a bit of a free role, no offence to him but he doesn't have the ability to fit that role
Bit premature that criticism. Yes, I'd question the use of Carse but we're not exactly spoilt for choice with power role. Only change in the batting was he promoted himself v Lance-maybe he was stepping up as captain to play the lead role -he failed.

Lees and Raine don't want captaincy so not many other options
Where is Richardson is probably more of a concern. At his age if he is not playing they may not retain him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back