Durham v Glamorgan (h) C.C.

Don’t blame or punish Durham for that though. It isn’t their decision.
The club need to start and out pressure on those responsible for this. Speak out about it. We still don't officially know how many points we got for last week and so much remains unanswered from last week also. Whilst I blame the ECB big time, the clubs need to get together and speak out otherwise it will cost them in memberships

The club need to start and out pressure on those responsible for this. Speak out about it. We still don't officially know how many points we got for last week and so much remains unanswered from last week also. Whilst I blame the ECB big time, the clubs need to get together and speak out otherwise it will cost them in memberships

We do, the competition is being done on a PPG basis. So we won’t get any points for it, but after today’s win, we’re on a 14 point average with two games to play.

As for Durham putting pressure on, I’m fairly certain every county is asking the same questions - but since when did FTECB ever bow to pressure from counties? Or especially our county?

We do, the competition is being done on a PPG basis. So we won’t get any points for it, but after today’s win, we’re on a 14 point average with two games to play.

As for Durham putting pressure on, I’m fairly certain every county is asking the same questions - but since when did FTECB ever bow to pressure from counties? Or especially our county?
They need to come out and say so then and keep members updated. People have had enough now and it's the first time I've heard regulars say "I'm holding onto my money until the last minute". That's got to be a concern.

They need to come out and say so then and keep members updated. People have had enough now and it's the first time I've heard regulars say "I'm holding onto my money until the last minute". That's got to be a concern.
So you want them to announce:

“Sorry lads and lasses, but there’s nowt to tell you”

Cause that’s essentially the situation here. Does the fact the other 17 counties are also in the dark and saying nothing not give the game away to you?

So you want them to announce:

“Sorry lads and lasses, but there’s nowt to tell you”

Cause that’s essentially the situation here. Does the fact the other 17 counties are also in the dark and saying nothing not give the game away to you?
Tell us what they're doing. It's not a difficult thing to do keeping your members up to date. Social media is a wonderful thing
I’m not blaming Durham at all, but ultimately it will be the club that is punished due to a lesser take up of membership, some information going forward would be nice or are we expected to blindly cough up for……………what exactly?
This

Fairly reliable sources report that it will be Conference format again next year leading to reverting to return to divisional structure for 2023. Situation should be clarified after end of season ECB meeting with county CEOs.

I’m not blaming Durham at all, but ultimately it will be the club that is punished due to a lesser take up of membership, some information going forward would be nice or are we expected to blindly cough up for……………what exactly?

In fairness, let’s all be honest here; you’ll be coughing up for the same you’ve always coughed up for. Durham, at home, in three formats. More than likely 7 red ball games - granted you don’t yet know the exact makeup of the format but then nobody does. Would it really stop you from going in any case?
The club need to tell people.
Ahhhh, so you DO want them to announce:

“sorry lads and lasses but there’s nowt to report”

Gotcha :lol:

In fairness, let’s all be honest here; you’ll be coughing up for the same you’ve always coughed up for. Durham, at home, in three formats. More than likely 7 red ball games - granted you don’t yet know the exact makeup of the format but then nobody does. Would it really stop you from going in any case?
It probably wouldn’t stop me from going at all, but then that’s my choice, it’s good to have a choice though depending on the the fare on offer.

It probably wouldn’t stop me from going at all, but then that’s my choice, it’s good to have a choice though depending on the the fare on offer.
I am of the same opinion. I enjoy watching cricket. The prices for membership are comparatively cheap though, which does help.

Another fine result. It would be good if we could give Northants and Glous some similar treatment 😁

However like I told you, that’s all they could say. Again, every single county is silent on this - which should tell anyone with half a brain cell that they simply don’t know what’s going to be the makeup of next seasons domestic leagues.
The silence is why the game is an absolute mess. They need to start and speak up, communicate with members, send out surveys, get a fans focus group going. Loads of things the club(s) could be doing but they don't. They aren't quiet on membership info, or England Vs South Africa this morning or advertising Queen for example. Attitudes and processes need to change.

The silence is why the game is an absolute mess. They need to start and speak up, communicate with members, send out surveys, get a fans focus group going. Loads of things the club(s) could be doing but they don't. They aren't quiet on membership info, or England Vs South Africa this morning or advertising Queen for example. Attitudes and processes need to change.
Mate they can't even update their Twitter feed with squad or team details.
As I have said since the arrival and instant success of domestic T20 cricket 15 or so years ago the importance of the "traditional" county member has diminished year on year. 5 blokes who turn up for a T20 and have 3 hours on the lash probably spend more than a county membership and they only have to put on one days cricket to earn it.
Totally agree with your sentiments but sadly county cricket is not going back to championship cricket being the most important form of the game. They loose money on it and each match burns up a week of cricket where you could play 3 T20 matches.

Mate they can't even update their Twitter feed with squad or team details.
As I have said since the arrival and instant success of domestic T20 cricket 15 or so years ago the importance of the "traditional" county member has diminished year on year. 5 blokes who turn up for a T20 and have 3 hours on the lash probably spend more than a county membership and they only have to put on one days cricket to earn it.
Totally agree with your sentiments but sadly county cricket is not going back to championship cricket being the most important form of the game. They loose money on it and each match burns up a week of cricket where you could play 3 T20 matches.

Totally agree with you. Comms from the club is very poor and the bit you say about the county member is bang on.

My hope is we can return to 2 divisions and I can live with that (I don't see that as a big ask to be honest) and understand from a business point of view T20 £5 pints are a money maker as much as I just call it a "night out" as I'm never too fussed either way, I appreciate it will make the club more money than 500 in on Sunday vs Glamorgan for example.

It really isn't difficult in 2021 to keep members/fans up to date using social media and to conduct members forums/focus groups online.

As I've said the club are excellent at promoting England games and music events but at times even this season squad news for a game was only ever put up 30 mins before the start of play.

Totally agree with you. Comms from the club is very poor and the bit you say about the county member is bang on.

My hope is we can return to 2 divisions and I can live with that (I don't see that as a big ask to be honest) and understand from a business point of view T20 £5 pints are a money maker as much as I just call it a "night out" as I'm never too fussed either way, I appreciate it will make the club more money than 500 in on Sunday vs Glamorgan for example.

It really isn't difficult in 2021 to keep members/fans up to date using social media and to conduct members forums/focus groups online.

As I've said the club are excellent at promoting England games and music events but at times even this season squad news for a game was only ever put up 30 mins before the start of play.
2 divisions is one of the best ideas the ECB have introduced in my time watching Durham even though the counties had to accept it kicking and screaming aa they thought it would be the end of quite a few counties which hasn't happened. Before 2000 the dead rubbers started in May for about a dozen counties.
The only problem with 2 divisions that I can see with my cynical view of counties is that it means a return to 16 championship matches and that burns up a lot of playing time. Then you have this 💯 comp which congrats the calkeder even more.

Back