Durham v Glamorgan (h) C.C.

Starts Sunday and the boys should be fresh after the "strange" cancellation of the Surrey match.
Hopefully we get some squad news later today. The obvious team selections are who opens the batting in place of Bancroft. Will Trevaskis get an opportunity in championship cricket or does he have no chance especially at the Riverside even in September. The rest pretty much pick themselves if fit.

10.30 start remember.
Presumably no overseas replacement for Bancroft.
Worth giving Clark an opportunity to open?- nothing to lose and he must be feeling confident.

Last edited:
Hopefully the weather will be better than the last time Glamorgan visited for our final home game in 2019.

It'll be interesting if Jones opens - he looked very solid at Jesmond or if Clark plays - he didnt look very solid at Jesmond.🤔

I'll go Lees,Jones, Borthwick, Bedingham, Clark, Eckersley,Trevaskis, Raine,Coughlin or Salisbury, Potts, Rushworth.

Hopefully the weather will be better than the last time Glamorgan visited for our final home game in 2019.

It'll be interesting if Jones opens - he looked very solid at Jesmond or if Clark plays - he didnt look very solid at Jesmond.🤔

I'll go Lees,Jones, Borthwick, Bedingham, Clark, Eckersley,Trevaskis, Raine,Coughlin or Salisbury, Potts, Rushworth.
Forecast looks fantastic which is typical as Iam done for the season. I would settle for your line up but I think they will play safe and play Dickson.

To think. Durham blew out Weighell because of repeated injuries while also bring Coggers back despite them.
I'm very disappointed that Paul Coughlin hasn't really done anything for Durham, Weighell has done more and to my ignorant eyes looked a better bowler.

To think. Durham blew out Weighell because of repeated injuries while also bring Coggers back despite them.
I'm very disappointed that Paul Coughlin hasn't really done anything for Durham, Weighell has done more and to my ignorant eyes looked a better bowler.
I thought it was more to do with the fact he was/is mediocre?

Well the good news is Glamorgan, unlike Surrey, have managed to make the journey to Ch le St and are warming up.

Pleasant weather and wicket predictably towards the old scoreboard.
i didn't realise the game started on sunday, so i'll be down tomorrow. looking at the weather i may try and get tuesday off.
They're hastily reinstalling the seats in the Co Durham Upper ahead of your arrival.:lol:
Looks like Glam are batting.
Coughlin and Trevaskis start....no place for Clark and Salisbury.
Umpires are Blackwell and ..God help us...Pratt.

Last edited:

Back