Durham v Glamorgan (h) C.C.

The silence is why the game is an absolute mess. They need to start and speak up, communicate with members, send out surveys, get a fans focus group going. Loads of things the club(s) could be doing but they don't. They aren't quiet on membership info, or England Vs South Africa this morning or advertising Queen for example. Attitudes and processes need to change.
All excellent ideas but sadly there would be more chance of the real Freddie Mercury appearing at the Riverside than there would of Durham or the other counties implementing them.

I've already received four emails from the club about Early Bird renewals and one about the S.Africa match and yet there were times this year when the club's lack of communications regarding Championship games would have even made Look North blush.

One of the biggest eye openers for me this season was @Parkside 's revelation that there are only 2800/2900 members ( I foolishly thought it was still around the 4500 mark) and it sadly goes to show that we are quite literally a dying breed and dont we know it.

On the field, this season has filled me with more hope than anything since 2016 but off the field I have found things to be rather depressing and I say that as someone who first starting watching Durham in 1977 and who has been a member since 1992. As has been well documented a lot of goodwill was shown by supporters to the club following the Covid outbreak but I feel that the club this season have fallen a long way short of reciprocating it.
Your right so no chance of 16.
P.S. I hope you where last of the 100 spectators out if the ground!
Even The Magistrate didnt turn up today.:eek:

I think last out probably would have been Jamie and his dad.:D

Last edited:

Back