Durham v Derbyshire (one day cup)

Comfortable?

Reflecting on the drive home, I think we won this match in the first 20 overs with accurate, miserly bowling (especially Raine and Salisbury). Our batting was positive but suicidal at times and not one of our bastmen got out to a good ball. Their bowlers were loose from the start. Sam Connors looks like a really pacey kid but he couldn't keep it in the channel. Rampaul got put away for 11 in his first over and started bowling 2 bouncers an over, some of them so high they were barely hittable and should have been called wide.

Exactly, the crowd weren’t laughing at a dislocated finger. Once it was realised there was an injury the joking stopped

Aye, he got sympathetic applause when he went back to the pavillion.

Their stand in bowler (20 year old batsman) finished the over and got Burnham with an outrageous c&b so they got the last laugh

Get in!!
We’re flying

Great with this

My suspicion was always new coach n players suited to short form

Main thing for me is they look like a team again, playing for eachother. Would be good if they brought that same team spirit to the CC.

Last edited:
Is that your justification for laughing at someone getting injured?

You can't have seen if if you didn't think it was funny. He was acting the **** and got what looked like a straight drive right in the knackers next ball. When they sent a female physio out from the pavillion, I thought I was about to die laughing. No one knew he had a dislocated finger.

You can't have seen if if you didn't think it was funny. He was acting the **** and got what looked like a straight drive right in the knackers next ball. When they sent a female physio out from the pavillion, I thought I was about to die laughing. No one knew he had a dislocated finger.
Like I say, play the game as it should be otherwise piss off somewhere else. The lad was going on like a bellend. Got no time for that sort of crap on the field.

That’s the thing, I did see it, I knew straight away his finger had popped out. I’ve done it myself and it isn’t pleasant. When two/three players, including our batsmen were immediately signalling for help it was obvious he hadn’t just taken one in the knackers.

What difference does it make that he was acting up? Are you trying to say that those acting up deserve pain and suffering?

Mind it doesn’t surprise me at all that you found it funny, after all, you were making jokes about suicide the other day.

Nice bloke.

That’s the thing, I did see it, I knew straight away his finger had popped out. I’ve done it myself and it isn’t pleasant. When two/three players, including our batsmen were immediately signalling for help it was obvious he hadn’t just taken one in the knackers.

What difference does it make that he was acting up? Are you trying to say that those acting up deserve pain and suffering?

Mind it doesn’t surprise me at all that you found it funny, after all, you were making jokes about suicide the other day.

Nice bloke.

Where were you sitting? Perhaps you saw it from a better angle.

It looked like it hit him in the balls from the County Durham stand and everyone around me was certainly laughing.

Thought it was another good performance by Durham today. They never let Derbyshire get any real control of the game and even when Bancroft was dismissed, Richardson and Burham put together an excellent stand even though the latter scored 20 odd bonus runs following Du Plooy's extraordinary drop (I thought Critchley was going to chin him for a second).

Will be interesting to see how the lads face the in form Mahmood on Tuesday..should be a good match.

Back