Durham Second XI 2024

Didn't know his lads were following in his footsteps, hope they're as good as he was but grew up alongside his getting fit for boxing phase
I knew I hadn't imagined the older of his sons playing Durham in some guise last year. Corey is 18 and Rocky 16.

No pressure at all
I’m not saying you’re entirely wrong, but Campbell said at a pre season talk in at CLS CC that he didn’t subscribe to the view that the captain must always be picked and couldn’t be dropped. Also that given our new signings, someone might lose their place (as Jones has) and it was up to them to win it back.

On that basis, Badger might at least be looking over his shoulder? Jones showed in the early part of last season that he can be an accomplished opener.

It will be interesting to see what develops. The general view on here was that de Leede wouldn’t be dropped, but that’s exactly what happened.

I’m not saying you’re entirely wrong, but Campbell said at a pre season talk in at CLS CC that he didn’t subscribe to the view that the captain must always be picked and couldn’t be dropped. Also that given our new signings, someone might lose their place (as Jones has) and it was up to them to win it back.

On that basis, Badger might at least be looking over his shoulder? Jones showed in the early part of last season that he can be an accomplished opener.

It will be interesting to see what develops. The general view on here was that de Leede wouldn’t be dropped, but that’s exactly what happened.
Id agree if Jones was prolific last year

I think Badger has only kept his place because of those consistent scores at the end of last season.Continue that and he's undroppable - simple as that.
DeLeede bowled a very tidy spell yesterday 6-1-8-1. Only saw his wicket,running in hard and fast and straight.If that was the norm,very impressive.

Last edited:

Back