Durham Second XI 2024

1706800083880.png

1706800022924.png

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list

Apparently happening with all counties, something to do with managing player workload.

Hideous. They'll be moaning about too much travelling and hotel costs soon enough which this scheduling will now increase. I really don't see what the hard-ship is playing 2x T20 games in 1 day. If anything spreading it over 2 days will increase workload in terms of prep/warm up/travel if they don't stay over etc

Two things stand out- bizarre that they're getting rid of the T20 double headers and first home game in the 2nd XI Championship.....August 20th.:lol:
No No No

One thing stands out, 2 days in an entire summer on a weekend and they are both in an early friendly!!

Do they want people to watch or not? Cricket really does not help itself.

I would love to nip up to Burnopfield on a weekend and watch the 2nd XI but I have to work for a living.

Last edited:
No No No

One thing stands out, 2 days in an entire summer on a weekend and they are both in an early friendly!!

Do they want people to watch or not? Cricket really does not help itself.

I would love to nip up to Burnopfield on a weekend and watch the 2nd XI but I have to work for a living.
Do you realise clubs use their grounds for games on weekends? 2nd 11 cricket has never been played on a weekend.

I’d like to see the games more spread out to be honest. I remember growing up seeing 2s games at a few NYSD grounds local with them being easier for me to access than Riverside. Now though it’s South North getting a lions share despite them hosting 1s games too (can’t remember if they are this year) CLS getting 4 days worth with Burnopfield and Darlo getting a brief glance of action. It’s a shame.

I’d like to see the games more spread out to be honest. I remember growing up seeing 2s games at a few NYSD grounds local with them being easier for me to access than Riverside. Now though it’s South North getting a lions share despite them hosting 1s games too (can’t remember if they are this year) CLS getting 4 days worth with Burnopfield and Darlo getting a brief glance of action. It’s a shame.
I imagine it'll be nailed on that South North will host one of the 50 over games in August. Let's hope its an improvement on the games last year and in 2022 when Durham were nothing short of an embarrassment.

Was just looking at those 2nd XI fixtures again and 3 of the 4 T20 games at Ropery Lane are on days when we're playing Championship cricket at the Riverside ie May 24, July 2 & 3.:eek:

Back