DURHAM PROMOTED

County Championship Winning Coach… #justsayinglike.
With Geoff Cook's team.

You can only compare like-for-like and he was worse than Franklin in Div 2.

Franklin got us back on the right track, but he was a miserable git who lost the dressing room.

We look strong next season with Ackerman coming in, where will he play?

Heard a rumour at the ground last week that it may be Bedingham’s place he fills :eek:

Obviously I hope that isn’t true, but I hear Bedingham was pissed off at not being involved in the Blast because it limited his chance of showcasing his talents and therefore picking up a lucrative offer in the franchise world, so may seek alternative options for next year…

With Geoff Cook's team.

You can only compare like-for-like and he was worse than Franklin in Div 2.

Franklin got us back on the right track, but he was a miserable git who lost the dressing room.
Franklin was awful. He didn't get anything on the right track hence he was sacked, he sent us backwards. Players couldn't stand him and neither could the coaches. It's quite remarkable what Campbell has done in the red ball game. He's given the players freedom, they're allowed to make mistakes without fear and feedback is constructive instead of destructive which is what it was with Franklin. Nobody liked him and he shouldn't get any credit etc for this year.

Last edited:
I'd say getting good cover/competition for Potts is absolute key

Carse is a bonus, is quick and will play the odd game when fit.

Bostock and Campbell said last week they’re targeting an overseas pace bowler for next year - which IMO is exactly what we need. Potts and Raine have 51 wickets apiece in this season’s Championship and Carse is genuinely international class but of course the big issue with he and Potts is availability. Being able to guarantee that the line is being lead by a couple of international level bowlers every game next season is a must.

Don’t feed the troll.

Last edited:
Franklin was awful. He didn't get anything on the right track hence he was sacked. Players couldn't stand him.

Franklin and North completely rebuilt the team. The batting was appalling and, without Rushworth and the greentops at CLS, we'd have been lucky to win any games at all.

Last season, and in 2021, we were the better team in most our games but failed to convert performances into results.

It's like SAFC where the last manager is always the worst one ever. Dismissed for good reason, but I can appreciate the things he achieved.

Franklin was awful. He didn't get anything on the right track hence he was sacked, he sent us backwards. Players couldn't stand him and neither could the coaches. It's quite remarkable what Campbell has done in the red ball game. He's given the players freedom, they're allowed to make mistakes without fear and feedback is constructive instead of destructive which is what it was with Franklin. Nobody liked him and he shouldn't get any credit etc for this year.
Not true.

That'll upset a few on another thread on this forum
Franklin and North completely rebuilt the team. The batting was appalling and, without Rushworth and the greentops at CLS, we'd have been lucky to win any games at all.

Last season, and in 2021, we were the better team in most our games but failed to convert performances into results.

It's like SAFC where the last manager is always the worst one ever. Dismissed for good reason, but I can appreciate the things he achieved.
Rushworth would still be here if it wasn't for them. Campbell deserves the credit. We were appalling to watch under Franklin

5 WINS IN 14 CC - 2019

0 WINS IN 5 CC - 2020 - Bob Willis Trophy. Botton of table

3 WINS IN 10 - 2021 - Bob Willis Trophy - Didn't qualify

1 WIN IN 3 - 2021 - Bob Willis Group

1 WIN IN 10 CC - 2022

42 GAMES, 10 WINS. Absolutely shite.
he rebuilt nothing, more dismantled things, forced players out, killed the morale on and off the field. Bloke was a complete disaster.

Last edited:
Heard a rumour at the ground last week that it may be Bedingham’s place he fills :eek:

Obviously I hope that isn’t true, but I hear Bedingham was pissed off at not being involved in the Blast because it limited his chance of showcasing his talents and therefore picking up a lucrative offer in the franchise world, so may seek alternative options for next year…

I was told from a lad who played a game or two with him at Gateshead Fell that his shoulder (might be his back) was goosed so they kept him out the side to give that a break. This also covers why he wasn’t considered to keep in the ODC.

Campbell Tribute

Anyone able to copy and paste? For those of us without a Times sub?

Back